Sitec (a Belcan Company) are recruiting a Technical Administrator for our client in North Bristol near the UWE. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 6 months. The successful candidate will have a background to allow a Baseline Security clearance to be obtained. The hours are flexible between 27 hours to 36 hours per week.
Our client is one of the UK's leading engineering support services company, delivering complex and critical support both in the UK and overseas. They ensure the UK Royal Navy goes to sea safely by supporting their ships and crew around the world, support navies around the world through the delivery of complex ship and submarine sustainment programmes.
You will need a background that will allow UK Security Clearance to be obtained
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Perform a range of admin and clerical duties, deliver commitments to agreed levels of quality, time and to schedule. You will obtain a thorough understanding of department processes and procedures, undertaking initial investigations into problems, producing statistical summaries:-
1. Undertake a range of clerical and administrative duties within a department to ensure the smooth running of the department
2. Process a wide range of documents and information received from a range of sources, including reconcile records to ensure accuracy of data and the system
3. Identify and carry out initial investigation into discrepancies and shortages, involving statistical information, document control or physical stock control
4. Collate and extract data and produce routine reports, schedules, summaries and letters for internal circulation or for customers and suppliers
5. Build relations with stakeholders, customers and suppliers and exchange information in order to clarify a situation, for example placing orders, arranging appointments, deliveries, etc.
6. Verify calculations, check or allocate costs, check & obtain correct authorisation and obtain information for incorrect or incomplete documents.
7. File documents and keeps filing systems up to date such that information can be readily retrieved for others
Our client requires an administrator with a detailed understanding of the systems, processes & procedures and their importance within the general operation of a department.
The administrator will typically have 1 or 2 years' experience in a clerical environment.
Works independently, understands the priorities and deadlines within the department or area, personally commits to work originators delivery times and prioritises own work load to meet deadlines.
May be required to give instruction to others relating to the work, systems and procedures.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.