Sitec has an urgent requirement for a Tech Services Clerk for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterborough.
Global Engine Development (GED UK) delivers Verification and Validation work for its Customers on a range of engine products. GED-UK is a world-class development facility supporting the Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD) in the development of new and existing products.
To support this operation a Tech Service Clerk is required to assist the daily duties within the goods in and stores departments of GED-UK.
The Tech Service Clerk's key responsibilities will include: -
* Receive, check and sign for all material as delivered from all Suppliers, both internal (Perkins / Irlam) and external.
* Resolve queries relating to stores material.
* Ordering of Perkins / Irlam parts on a daily basis
* Progress the daily workload through Stores and respond rapidly to any urgent requests.
* Carry out stock checking and maintain record inventory accuracy.
* Progress material around GED-UK and the Peterborough site.
* Keep working areas, including outside, within GED clean and tidy.
* Delivery and Collection of product from an External storage facility
Candidates considering applying will be able to demonstrate the following key skills and attributes: -
* Must be a team player.
* Must be self-motivated and work to high standards of accuracy and quality.
* Have a strong customer focus.
* Be computer literate
* Full UK driving licence.
* Counter balance (F.L.T.) truck licence
* Good telephone manner also able to communicate using Lotus Notes.
Requirement to work existing GED shift pattern. 8am - 4-30pm Mon-Thu and 8am-1pm Friday
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.