Sitec has a requirement for a Systems Simulation Engineer, for our client - Caterpillar.
This role is an interesting requirement to work in Peterlee (County Durham), Desford (Leicestershire) or in Peterborough.
The role is initially a contract role for 12 months, but potentially will be ongoing. The max rate of pay is up to £42.00 p/hr LTD Company
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Caterpillar Inc is the world's leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The Caterpillar brand is recognised worldwide and is synonymous with quality and reliability.
Our client currently has a new and exciting opportunity for a Systems Simulation Specialist within the European Division of Caterpillar's Energy and Transportation Systems Research Group based at our Peterborough Facility. This innovative team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with European Universities, internal and industrial partners as well as will our US based sister team. The team leads the powertrain research strategy and delivery for Caterpillar within Europe, this includes global research responsibility for electrification and hybridisation systems integration and control.
Due to increased workload - the Systems Simulation Engineer will be working on numerous projects throughout the initial 12 month period.
* Build, validate and optimise system level and/or controls orientated models across multiple execution platforms.
* Provide engineering guidance based on performing machine and powertrain level simulations
* Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
* Work with multi-disciplinary teams to support continuous improvement in response to current and future customer needs
* Close liaison with performance and mechanical development engineers, engine designers and project teams
Key experience/ knowledge
* Requires an accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent experience and excellent analytical skills, a higher-level degree would be advantageous.
* Candidates must have experience/demonstrate strong knowledge of engine and vehicle system fundamentals.
* Understand how to model complex systems.
* Enthusiastic, be able to work on own accord or or part of teamwork.
Analysis - Candidates must:
* be familiar with some of 1-D simulation, dynamics, controls orientated or mean value simulation tools (e.g. GT-Power, Wave, AmeSIM, Adams, Dymola, Simulink)
* demonstrate the ability to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance interactions
* have a high level of competency in the use of data-analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Minitab, Matlab/Simulink etc.)
Technical Knowledge - Candidates must:
* demonstrate knowledge of engine or vehicle system fundamentals in order to develop improved models and analyses novel concepts;
* have an understanding of underlying theoretical principles of systems simulation and/or fluid networks;
* understand how power systems interact with vehicles and real world drive cycles;
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.