Sitec has a requirement for a Systems Engineer (Landing Gear) - for our client within the Aircraft industry. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Filton, Bristol. The max pay rate for this role is up to £42.00 p/hr LTD Company.
A vacancy has arisen in the Landing Gear Centre of Competence for an Engineer (Landing Gear Extension Retraction System), to be based in Filton, reporting functionally and operationally to Landing Gear CoC.
ATA32 is a unique set of systems, equipment and structure that consist of Physical and Functional Design elements. It is a critical system highly integrated into the aircraft and encapsulates both primary structure and complex systems in a challenging operating environment.
The role of the Engineer (Landing Gear Extension Retraction System) is to manage design requirements, develop design solutions and ensure the continued airworthiness of the ATA32 products throughout the complete product lifecycle (from R&T to in-service). Working closely with Systems, Equipment and Extended Enterprise Suppliers as well as other areas of the business (e.g. Other ATA Chapters Procurement, Program, Chief Engineers, Test, Operations and Customer Support) the ATA32 Principal Engineer (Landing Gear Extension Retraction System) will be responsible for leading technical tasks with a team of ATA32 engineers for delivering landing gear extension retraction system activities and projects that are safe, certifiable and integrated with the aircraft of the right quality, on time and within budget on a number of Airbus projects. The role will also require the development of team members in the Landing Gear Extension Retraction System knowledge.
The successful candidate will lead the Landing Gear Extension Retraction Systems engineering activities during various aircraft development phases, covering all parts of the Landing Gear Extension Retraction System Component. The role holder will be working with ATA32 Mechanical and Mechatronics Development engineers ATA32 Avionics Engineers and Airworthiness signatories, as well as with interfacing with Landing Gear vendors to ensure the development of integrated technical solutions in line with appropriate Airbus Business Procedures and to a development plan with an aspiration to develop appropriate approval signatories themself.
- Technically lead engineering activities covering a broad variety of ATA32 Landing Gear Engineering activities with a focus on Landing gear Extension Retraction Systems, delivering integrated technical solutions both autonomously and by guiding / steering multi-functional teams within the fast-moving and dynamic Landing Gear perimeter.
- Maintain & develop product knowledge across the entire Landing Gear Extension Retraction System component/system perimeter including Control Logic, Landing Gear Hydro mechanical Design, Installation and Integration, presenting a unique opportunity to further develop an "expertise" Landing Gear Extension Retraction Systems.
- Ensure operational team & vendors deliver solutions right first time meeting safety, performance and reliability requirements
- Provide technical and product leadership to project / task leaders. Mentor, coach and develop others in EL, act as a role model for ATA32 Engineers, Senior and other Principal Engineers.
- Challenge the requirements and ways of working by the Operational team for optimised output
- Ensure all engineering activities are in line with cascaded ATA32 requirements and verified through the V&V plan to demonstrate compliance with applicable airworthiness regulations, design requirements and reliability requirements in line with the relevant Airbus Business Procedures.
- Ensure from your role as the ATA32 Principal Engineer (Landing Gear Extension Retraction System) that the programme teams are able to adhere to budget and schedule for each task providing support to the management and mitigation of risks/opportunities and communication in a timely manner and liaising with specialists as required.
- The candidate is expected to gain and utilize appropriate airworthiness and design technical approval signatory to enable the delivery of key documentation.
- Develop strategies that protect the long-term position of Airbus
- Technical management of Suppliers / Risk Sharing Partners
- Good knowledge of V & V and experience of working to ARP4754 or equivalent (in line with Airbus Business Processes)
- Systems test requirements
- Commercial aircraft certification processes
- Problem solving techniques
In addition, the successful candidate will also have experience in the following areas:
- Design, integration, development and certification of Hydro-Mechanical Systems including Landing Gear Extension Retraction Systems
- Hydraulic power distribution systems including installation/qualification of tubing, hoses, etc.
- Hydraulic equipment design
- Control Logic Design and Avionics
- Familiarity with appropriate ARPs SAEs and ED/DOs
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.