Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Civil biased System Engineer for our client based in Somerset. The post is an initial 12 month contract and is paying competitively from £306.25 to £393.75 per day on a Ltd basis for a 4 day week (37 hours).
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
Purpose of Role
To provide a focal point of engineering expertise and ownership for a portfolio of assigned plant systems and/or assets with limited nuclear, radiological, environmental or business significance. Deliver a comprehensive engineering service to customers and stakeholders, maintaining long term safety, performance, reliability, material condition and compliance.
Key Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
* Provide the focal point and ownership for a portfolio of assigned systems and/or assets.
* Maintain an engineering strategy for the assigned systems and/or assets to deliver long term health.
* Make recommendations for system and/or assets investments.
* Carry out and record routine system walk downs.
* Record, trend and analyse system performance monitoring data as appropriate and take the necessary corrective actions.
* Maintain a system file.
* Specify the necessary periodic maintenance routines and spares holdings to meet regulatory, compliance and performance requirements and ensure satisfactory completion.
* Maintain a good overall knowledge of the safety case as it applies to the assigned systems and know the functional requirements, key limits and conditions for safe operation.
* Produce and/or approve relevant documentation for assigned systems such as Technical Specifications, Work Instructions, Method Statements, Plant Item Operating Instructions, Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments.
* Produce and Manage modification proposals and act as the Nominated Responsible Engineer (NRE) for plant modifications.
* Act as a consultant for projects undertaken on assigned system providing proactive technical support and ensuring smooth handovers to and from projects.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
* Work flexibly within the team and support other System Engineers in order to optimise the safe delivery of all specified Lifetime Plan activities to the required quality, time and cost parameters.
* Carry out timely investigation of events and review on-site and off-site events via the Operational Experience Feedback process, ensuring that relevant learning points are applied to assigned systems.
* The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer.
* Undertake emergency scheme duties when required.
Experience / Knowledge
* Experience in a practising disciplined Engineering role (Civil) on industrial plant
* Nuclear and/or conventional plant operation, engineering or maintenance experience
* Understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards
* Working knowledge of the Safety Rules and of risk assessment methodology
* Working knowledge of relevant Site Licence and Quality Management System requirements
* Contract Management experience
Education / Qualifications / Training
* HNC or Engineering Degree, National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 5/6
* Membership of a relevant Engineering Institute (Incorporated Status)
* Chartered Status
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.