Sitec are currently recruiting for a Surveying Engineer (Submarine Hull & System Surveilance) for our clients location in Keynsham, Bristol. This is a contract role, initially for an estimated period of 8 months. Rate is subject to experience.
Primary Purpose of the Surveying Engineer (Submarine Hull & System Surveilance).
- To manage the delivery of assigned Hull & System Surveillance Requirement Team H&SSR outputs, as defined by the Maritime Support Delivery Framework Design Services & Programme Management Annual Plan.
- To schedule, manage survey returns and produce Summary Reports for the H&SSR work packages assigned to them.
- To review and update Master H&SSR Documents and conduct audits of the SMSA against the Master H&SSR Documents.
- To answer enquiries from the Design Authorities relating to the H&SSR.
- To maintain and develop their own professional and technical standards and capability as necessary to support maintenance of the H&SSR outputs, including a sound understanding of all current and relevant processes, good practices, and standards, including applicable Defence Standards and survey documentation.
- To maintain an up to date set of Terms of Reference that are endorsed by the Team Leader.
Projects / Tasks:
- Promote the development of good working relationships and communications with all internal and external stakeholder.
- To provide timely notification to the H&SSR Team Leader of any risks such as lack of resources, requirement compliance and technical compliance, proposing solutions as appropriate.
- To manage (and undertake) technical investigations and provide technical advice/support (where necessary) to other Engineers in order to resolve H&SSR issues, including those queries received from Design Authorities and/or forwarded from other internal departments.
- To undertake all work in accordance with appropriate Quality procedures identifying amendments as required to account for changes in working practices.
- To update the Management Information System for all assigned H&SSR tasks by 16:00 each Friday.
- Responsible for supporting the Team Leader, as directed, in the review of processes and/or ways of working to ensure they reflect current approaches as well as implementing identified approved continuous improvement activities or wider changes to H&SSR processes.
- Responsible for constantly reviewing their day to day duties to identify improvements to existing processes, procedures and ways of working within the team. To present these to their Team Leader and once agreed implement the endorsed changes.
- To undertake other tasking as directed by the Team Leader or their senior line management.
- In delivering these functions the post holder is to ensure that:They take all reasonable steps to protect the safety of colleagues, to identify any hazards that they may experience as a result of carrying out the duties of the post and to keep those hazards at an ALARP and tolerable level.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
The post holder is to hold a minimum of:
HND/HNC qualified in a relevant discipline with relevant experience, or OND/ONC qualified with significant relevant experience.
The post holder will have a background in Engineering which supports effective transition into the role of H&SSR Engineer. Previous submarine, MoD or offshore engineering experience is preferable.
A track record of effective organisational and communication skills.
A keen eye for detail and precision.
Be IT literate, including MS applications Word, Excel and Outlook.
Successful applicants for the Surveying Engineer role must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.