Sitec is seeking four (4) Supportability Engineers for our client; the successful candidates will be based in Barrow-in-Furness. This is a contract role with a good hourly rate commensurate with experience. The estimated duration is 8 months.
Our client is a Tier 1 Industrial Participant within the Dreadnought SSBN design programme and is performing the role of the Whole Boat Support Integrator (WBSI). In addition to setting and integrating the supportability performance at whole boat, the WBSI provides an embedded team that is responsible for influencing and reporting on the supportability considerations of the Platform and Secondary Propulsion Major Systems.
This is achieved through the execution and collation of system level assessments that inform technical notes and Case Reports as a formal record of the level of compliance of individual systems with the supportability requirements.
The Dreadnought Supportability Engineers report directly to the Dreadnought Senior Supportability Engineer and is responsible for a number of specified systems as the single focal point for all WBSI interaction.
The responsibility of the Supportability Engineer is to assess and influence the system level design such that it meets the performance required of the Major System and ultimately enable the Whole Boat to meet its CASD and TLC targets as specified in the Support Maturity Management Plan.
The Dreadnought Supportability Engineer is accountable to the Dreadnought Senior Supportability Engineer for:
* Adherence to the schedule of work that satisfies the BAES system level review process and the WBSI Support Maturity Management Plan for allocated systems;
* Assessing and influencing the design of named systems by creating a Candidate Item List which is processed by a toolset to generate products documented within System Support Baseline Documents and Case Reports;
* Recording risks or issues that may prevent a system from meeting its supportability requirements, including but not limited to:
1. Shore Regime Safety Functional Requirements
2. Through Life Support
* Ensuring that applicable Learning from Experience has been adequately embodied or addressed within the design.
* Technical quality of the engineering deliverables demonstrating compliance with the required technical assurance and governance processes as specified in the WBSI Engineering Management Plan.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Supportability Engineer principal tasks and responsibilities are:
Performing Through Life Support (TLS) activities for nominated systems to meet their Design Review criteria and ultimately the programme;
Perform appropriate analysis and collation of data to support the production of the Candidate Item List, System Support Baseline Document and Case Reports for selected systems;
Adherence to the relevant analysis processes and the Support Baseline Document template and production process;
To engage with other subject matter experts in the field of supportability, cost engineering or supply chain as necessary (indirect) to deliver an appropriate quality of assessment and report on the system;
Support the Senior Supportability Engineer to deliver technical notes that provide the supportability input into the BAES System Design Description documents in accordance with the design review schedule and the system level assessment product definition document;
Support the Senior Supportability Engineer to deliver Case Reports that record the compliance of the design with the supportability requirements in accordance with the WBSI schedule for major milestone delivery;
Document, escalate and progress to closure issues, risks and opportunities using the appropriate management tool;
Ensuring coherence with and adherence to the engineering strategies, policies and plans for the nominated Major Areas and associated systems and ensuring a seamless integration with the Whole Boat Support Solution;
Articulation of maturity and quality of collected data and associated impact on the uncertainty contained in outputs.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
* Degree level education in Engineering / technical discipline or relevant operator maintainer experience
* Nuclear: None
* An understanding and experience of working in accordance with support related policies, standards and guidance;
* An awareness of marine systems operation, maintenance and support requirements;
* Experience of constructing technical arguments and reports, and delivering clear and effective communication in complex commercial and technical environments;
* Relevant experience of assessing supportability of systems in a defence and/or services environment;
* Experience in forming and delivering quantitative technical arguments and cases for implementing opportunities or managing risk.
Candidates will need a background to allow UK SC Security Clearance to be obtained.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.