Sitec has a requirement for a Supply Officer for our client based in Farnborough. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months initially.
For this role, the max rate of pay will be £19.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Our clients Zephyr project involves a solar-powered high-altitude pseudo-satellite (HAPS), designed to complement the advantages of both satellites and classic unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV). Flying in the stratosphere at an altitude of around 65.000 ft, the Zephyr offers a high, inherently stable vantage point unaffected by air traffic and weather and thus enable numerous unique remote-sensing or communication services.
Combining long endurance and local footprint, Zephyr quite literally fills the gap between satellites and today's UAVs. By day Zephyr flies on solar power generated by paper-thin solar cells covering its 23-metre wingspan which drive its two small propellers and charge up lithium-sulphur batteries which power the craft during the night-time.
Zephyr is the state-of-the-art technology demonstrator of our clients DS' Zephyr programme. It holds three official world records including the longest endurance of any unmanned aircraft.
Place Purchase Orders according to the Purchase Request on behalf of the commodity.
Actively involved in the management of the material flows in order to ensure that outsourced and purchased products are delivered on time, quality and cost to satisfy customers and launch first level of corrective and preventive actions. Manage inventory and order management expressed with the suppliers.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
* Check & ensure the execution of the order. Ensure daily monitoring of the Supplier delivery
* Obtain & Maintain Data related to the PO into the ERP system
* Work with Accounts Payable department to ensure timely supplier payment
* Act as focal point towards the supplier for operational activities
* Active Monitoring & Control of Suppliers
* Manage Supplier operational performance and drive necessary collaboration as far as necessary
* Manage performance reviews with the Suppliers based on Vendor Review Boards outputs, support working towards team OQOT KPIs
* Ensure compliance with Export regulations for all deliverables from Suppliers, on a day to day basis
* Proven purchasing/buying competency
* Interact and Influence internally & externally
* MRP/ SAP, forecasts and exceptions
* Procured Products/Services Risk Management
* Supply Chain Quality & Improvement
* Supply Chain fundamentals
* Support new products/services introduction
* Compliance requirements
* Degree or similar
* CIPS qualified
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.