Sitec has a requirement for a Supply Network Specialist for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Peterborough.
The Supply Network Specialist will be responsible for performing advanced analytical tasks, often of a confidential nature in support of the global supply network Global Purchasing category management and/or site management. The successful candidate will manage suppliers by developing improvement plans and support buyers & professionals related to Response Time, Lean Targets Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management (QCLDM) to enable optimal and efficient operations.
* This role is responsible and accountable for the analysis and maintenance of assigned process that product output excellence building expertise for the assign process area, and contributing to continuous improvement efforts.
* Includes the analysis and maintenance of procurement and logistics data including but not limited to: purchase orders, quotations, invoices, source catalogs, material rejection reports, tooling records, supplier data/measurement, inventory mgmt. engineered value chains.
* This role has responsibility for implementation of local or regional sourcing strategy, under the direction of their Manager and experienced Buyers & professionals.
Works effectively with colleagues, customers, and suppliers at all levels.
* No direct reports. Will demonstrate advanced project management skills required to collect, compile, assimilate, communicate, and maintain information as required.
* Incumbent will assess and recommend solutions related to QCLDM.
* Maintain the highest ethical and professional standards within this diverse global organization.
Perform analytical and administrative tasks in support of Global Purchasing Supply Network strategic initiatives.
Limited travel may be required to support category, product, facilities, supply excellence or logistics management.
* The position requires an undergraduate degree from a college / university or equivalent experience and a minimum of 1-2 years of experience.
* Intermediate to advanced skill in use of computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, purchasing systems, and e-mail systems is preferred.
* Requires effective communications skills - both oral and written
* Must exhibit strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style
* Preferred that the incumbent is familiar with basic procurement and quality principles, procedures, and techniques
* Required to be able to prioritize work in a dynamic environment
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.