Sitec has a requirement for a Supply Collaboration Engineer for our client - Perkins Engines. This is a contract position for 12 months, and will be based in Peterborough.
The Supply Collaboration Engineer will be the leader and key communicator for various Collaborative Product and Process Development teams to interface with Suppliers and Procurement to ensure early supplier collaboration on design for manufacturability, assembly and costs as well as adherence to APQP guidelines.
The Position leads Cost Modelling activities that support the setting of Target Costs and managing product cost to achieve target while optimizing value. Additional functional responsibilities include: supplier selection at a part- number level aligned to category strategies, supplier tooling validation & management, design for X elements & provide Olan for Every Part (PFEP) requirements to deliver on engineered value chains.
This position has no direct reports.
Development of detailed component cost models and high level cost estimates in both the NPI and Current product arena. This position will also provide cost reports as necessary to support the assigned project and programs.
Accountabilities/ responsibilities will include:
* Accountable for meeting product cost, quality and time targets in the product- life cycle including NPI through supplier collaboration at a part number level for their respective components, systems and/or categories (specify total cost management to include Ex- works, packaging & logistics).
* Responsible for leading a cross functional team in trade off discussions to balance performance, quality, velocity, and cost that provides work direction to Cost Modellers to develop detail process based cost models.
* Responsible for leading the cross functional team to a solution that meets multiple objectives and balance performance, quality, velocity, and cost. A strong analytical skills and the ability to influence others when there is conflict in processes, objectives, or solutions. Needs to have the ability to see issues and forecast future costs so that costs are stable and predictable.
* Required to lead the team through identifying cost opportunities, identifying requirements of a part(s) for each area and ultimately leading the team to meet their individual area requirements within the cost target. Leading these discussions and projects will be difficult in nature due to the multiple "trade-offs" (negotiations / compromises) each area will need to make to achieve the quality and cost goals. Completed cost models and expert guidance will be used to identify cost reduction opportunities for subsequent delivery through the Strategic Cost Management, Purchase or NPI teams in the form of negotiation, resource or design change.
* Possess a proactive nature to ensure the effective management of product cost. Through these cost model projects, the organization will begin to have confidence in costs. This position identifies part opportunities and leads internal and external cross functional groups through cost opportunity discussions while maintaining a balance with performance, quality, and cost. Cost models account for all costs drivers associated with the manufacture and supply of a component. The creation of the model will require the use of dedicated software and the application of existing manufacturing, engineering and product knowledge.
* Responsible for providing leadership and is the key communicator for Collaborative Product and Process Development
* Responsible for directing teams to interface with Suppliers and Purchasing to ensure early collaboration on design for Manufacturability, Assembly and Cost, as well as, adherence to APQP guidelines
* Ensure development, analysis, and documentation of cost information for new product development, design and cost improvement, maintenance, make versus buy, and other projects. Establish Target Costs and manages product cost to target. Provide leadership that ensures trade off discussions early in the design process to balance performance, quality, velocity and cost with focus on optimizing value.
* Individuals will be deemed manufacturing, process and cost experts by other areas of the business.
* 6 Sigma Green Belt Qualified desirable
* Degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science plus 5-9 years of experience or a Master's degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science. An engineering, manufacturing, or commercial background.
* Knowledge of a specific manufacturing process or engineering discipline, or maintenance process, as applicable, is required.
* Understanding of company policies and procedures related to manufacturing, engineering and/or maintenance. Good level of understanding and knowledge of manufacturing processes. In addition they should have a strong technical background, a minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
The position travels extensively; at least one full week each month.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.