Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Collaboration Engineer for our client Perkins Engines, at their site in Peterborough. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially.
The position of Supplier Collaboration Engineer will be the leader and key communicator for various Collaborative Product and Process Development teams to interface with Suppliers and Procurement to ensure early supplier collaboration on design for manufacturability, assembly and costs as well as adherence to APQP guidelines.
The Position leads Cost Modeling activities that support the setting of Target Costs and managing product cost to achieve target while optimizing value. Additional functional responsibilities include: supplier selection at a part- number level aligned to category strategies, supplier tooling validation & management, design for X elements & provide PFEP requirements to deliver on engineered value chains.
* Responsible for developing detailed component cost models and high level cost estimates in both the NPI and Current product arena. This position will also provide cost reports as necessary to support the assigned project and programs.
* Accountable to meet product cost, quality and time targets in the product- life cycle including NPI through supplier collaboration at a part number level for their respective components, systems and/or categories (specify total cost management to include Ex- works, packaging & logistics).
* Supply Collaboration Engineer will lead a cross functional team in trade off discussions to balance performance, quality, velocity, and cost that provides work direction to Cost Modelers to develop detail process based cost models. The Incumbent is responsible to lead cross-functional teams (employees from quality, service, design, manufacturing, etc).
* Lead the cross functional team to a solution that meets multiple objectives and balance performance, quality, velocity, and cost. The position needs to have strong analytical skills and the ability to influence others when there is conflict in processes, objectives, or solutions. This position needs to have the ability to see issues and forecast future costs so that costs are stable and predictable. The incumbent is accountable to identify and set current and future, target costs that are realistic and valid.
* Responsible for leading the team through identifying cost opportunities, identifying requirements of a part(s) for each area and ultimately leading the team to meet their individual area requirements within the cost target. Responsible for leading these discussions and projects will be difficult in nature due to the multiple "trade offs" (negotiations / compromises) each area will need to make to achieve the quality and cost goals. Completed cost models and expert guidance will be used to identify cost reduction opportunities for subsequent delivery through the Strategic Cost Management, Purchase or NPI teams in the form of negotiation, resource or design change.
* This position is a proactive and ensures the effective management of product cost. Through these cost model projects, the organization will begin to have confidence in costs. This position identifies part opportunities and leads internal and external cross functional groups through cost opportunity discussions while maintaining a balance with performance, quality, and cost. Cost models account for all costs drivers associated with the manufacture and supply of a component. The creation of the model will require the use of dedicated software and the application of existing manufacturing, engineering and product knowledge supplemented by research into appropriate manufacturing methods as required.
* The position provides leadership and is the key communicator for Collaborative Product and Process Development.
* The incumbent directs teams to interface with Suppliers and Purchasing to ensure early collaboration on design for Manufacturability, Assembly and Cost, as well as, adherence to APQP guidelines.
* The position will ensure the development, analysis, and documentation of cost information for new product development, design and cost improvement, maintenance, make versus buy, and other special projects. The Incumbent establishes Target Costs and manages product cost to target. The position provides leadership that ensures trade off discussions early in the design process to balance performance, quality, velocity and cost with focus on optimizing value. The position of Supplier Collaboration Engineer provides leadership to ensure cost predictability.
* Requires a bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus 5-9 years of experience or a Masters degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum.
* The position requires an engineering, manufacturing, or commercial background with a high level of product knowledge.
* Good level of knowledge of a specific manufacturing process or engineering discipline, or maintenance process, as applicable, is required.
* Good level of understanding of company policies and procedures related to manufacturing, engineering and/or maintenance are also required.
* This individual needs to have a good level of understanding and knowledge of manufacturing processes. In addition they should have a strong technical background, in most cases, these are individuals with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.