Sitec has a requirement for a Supply Chain Planning Engineer for our client - Caterpillar. This is a contract position for 12 months and will be based at their site in Peterlee.
The pay rate is dependent on experience but should be between £17.00 - 20.00 p/hr PAYE
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
As a Supply Chain Planning Engineer, you will co-ordinate & report Supply Chain NPI activity to key stakeholders across the business through multiple programs.
In this role, you will develop and implement a Plan For Every Part (PFEP), optimising Supply Chain process efficiency through lean processes and the elimination of waste, driving cost reduction by
evaluating total cost of ownership (TCO) and applying 6 Sigma methodology and lean guiding principles. To provide safe, ergonomic solutions, with built In quality, for current and new product (NPI).
May include, but are not limited to:
* Co-ordinate & report NPI activity to key stakeholders through multiple programs.
* Deploying the Supply Chain Planning Process, which develops a Plan for Every Part (PFEP).
* Assign parts to cost effective business processes and material flow paths, developing packaging solutions, optimisation of transport, and implementing effective replenishment methods to point of use.
* Strong collaboration with supply chain, operations and suppliers.
* Support line layout development to enable safe and ergonomic presentation of materials at point of use.
* Identifying continuous improvement opportunities, with key responsibility in packaging design. Supporting ongoing NPI programs through active participation within various cross functional teams.
* Understands Caterpillar Production Systems, 6 Sigma Methodology and Lean Manufacturing
* Knowledge of risk assessments
* Supply chain/ logistics background is preferred
* Safety experience, ideally NIOSH certified
* Experience with process mapping
* Experience of optimising process through Lean processes (eliminating waste)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.