Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Planning Analyst for our client Caterpillar in Desford. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months.
For 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2014 sales and revenues of $55.184 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
The Building Construction Products (BCP) Division is a global division of Caterpillar, Inc. BCP has facilities in North Carolina (Cary, Clayton, Sanford), Georgia (Athens), the UK, China, India, and Brazil. Products designed, manufactured, and distributed by BCP include skid steer loaders, backhoe loaders, compact track loaders, multi-terrain loaders, small wheel loaders, small track-type tractors, and mini-hydraulic excavators. BCP's mission statement is: Achieve profitable growth by providing customers with the highest quality, best value building construction products, work tools, and integrated solutions in the industry.
The successful candidates will work within the supply chain planning department based out of the BCP Leicester assembly facility, located near Desford (UK).
Roles & Responsibilities:
* To be effective, a supply chain planning analyst must establish an understanding of the following objectives and accountabilities.
* As a supply chain planning analyst, you will participate with facility teams to develop material flow plans and material replenishment plans.
* Additionally you would support efforts to improve factory flow to enhance lean material flow.
* Performing work to achieve corporate supply chain performance targets focused on inventory reduction, increased inventory turns and improved order to delivery results.
* The SCPA supports the supply chain planning engineer by conducting data analysis activities, supplier follow-up and communication of progress to the wider business.
* Performing physical / tactical work applying the supply chain planning process to build the plan for every part for a value stream.
* Documenting PFEP information in the PFEP master sheet, including, but not limited to: Facility lean material flow plans, Demand data and demand variability, supplier shipping performance and supplier quality performance.
* Deploying visual elements and standard work in facilities, and actively supporting facility change management activities as new supply chain processes are deployed.
* Documenting standard work processes and making it available to execute part planning at the facility.
* Performing tactical, hands-on work to achieve CPS supply chain process compliance certification for the Leicester facility.
* Performing tactical, hands-on work with other supply chain functions, 3rd party providers and other facility process partners.
The role itself will be split into key areas, each requiring proportional levels of focus:
* 70% focused on operational role Supply Chain Planning Analyst (Team member)
* 20% allocated to secondary project (Project Lead)
* 10% allocated to additional departmental support functions.
Rate: Up to £19.45 p/hr LTD Company (dependant on experience)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.