Sitec has a requirement for a Supply Chain Operations Manager for our client based in Portsmouth. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and the max rate of pay will be up to £320.00 p/day LTD Company.
OVERVIEW OF THE REQUIREMENT
We are looking for a Supply Chain Operations Manager for RF electronic equipment installed on Telecommunications satellite payload in the Space Systems Business line.
As a Supply Chain Operations Manager (SOM), you are a vital part of the procurement community.
OVERVIEW OF DELIVERABLES
* In charge of managing contract execution and supplier delivery performance.
* Control effectively the activities of our supplier and develop a close understanding of supplier overall situation and scope.
* Playing a key role in the coordination of the multiple interfaces between all stakeholders involved in the supplier operations management (like suppliers, projects, manufacturing etc.).
* Working closely together with our Commodity Managers and the respective Multifunctional Teams.
* Acting as a focal point towards the supplier for all operational activities, your mission is to implement sustainable improvements of the supply chain performance.
* Manage Supplier operational performance and drive necessary collaboration as far as necessary, day-to-day manage the suppliers from order to acceptance of all deliverables:
* Lead or participate as required to progress meetings, design and/or production reviews
* Control quality gates, deviation / waiver, non-conformance & change process
* Implement supplier surveillance & performance improvement actions plans in coordination with relevant stakeholders
* Actively monitor & control suppliers
* Manage performance reviews with the Suppliers based on Vendor Review Board outputs
* Maintain a close communication and coordination with all internal stakeholders to ensure timely suppliers deliveries, be the main interface for assessing the supplier risks and proposing mitigation actions
* Implement recovery, improvement and follow up plans in order to secure delivery of the products and services in conformity with contract
* Ensure compliance with export regulations for all deliverables from suppliers, on a day to day basis
Qualifications and experience:
* Degree in an Aerospace or relevant Electrical Engineering subject
* In general, technical skills and appetite to quickly understand key technical attributes of the product and project and therefore enable productive dialogue with all stakeholders
* Proven experience as a product development project manager or subcontract manager (similar role), preferably in space and in challenging setup. Results to highest standard
* Experience and sound skills and knowledge of:
* Procurement & Project. Formal qualification (PMP, Prince2) is an asset
* Engineering in complex environment
* Quality with high product standards
* Manufacturing requiring complex processes
* Experience dealing with electronics, preferably in space
* Experience of applying product assurance standards for space is highly desired
* Strong drive and self-motivation, ability to work on own initiative
* Willingness to travel as and when required
* Ability to anticipate, assess and mitigate risks
* Problem-solving mind-set, can do attitude and creativity, not reporting issues but achieving rapid resolution
* Excellent skills in relationship building, team building, empowering, motivating others and conflict management
* Strong communication skills including active listening and empathy
* Strong negotiation skills and the ability to persuade, influence and convince
* Negotiation level of English. Any other European language is a strong asset
* Advanced level of Microsoft Project proficiency
Candidates should have a background to enable a clearance to BPSS level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.