Sitec has a requirement for a Supply Chain Analyst for our client based in Leicester. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months. The max rates of pay will be between £16.00 to £20.00 p/hr LTD Company but this is dependent on experience.
OVERVIEW AND ROLE PURPOSE
For more than 80 years, Caterpillar has designed and implemented the world-class supply chain solutions that have helped make Cat the legend it is today. Caterpillar Logistics Services was established in 1987, bringing the same supply chain know-how to other companies and decision makers. Today Cat Logistics provides fully integrated supply chain solutions that incorporate information technology, warehouse management, transportation management, inventory management and product support.
UK Logistics Center (UKLC), which is part of the Product Support & Logistics Division (PSLD), supports its customers, Caterpillar's production facilities and 1st tier suppliers into Caterpillar production facilities by providing world-class manufacturing logistic supply chain solutions.
We have a position within the UKLC based at Caterpillar in Desford, Leicestershire. This position will report to the Material Requirements Planning & Quality manager.
As an NPI/Quality co-ordinator you will manage customer requests for new parts, liaising with the purchasing and packaging teams to provide quotes, support the set-up of new parts and receive demand from customers to enable us to raise new supplier orders. Manage new part release for existing and new Customers.
Represent UKLC on Customers NPI programs, developing plans/trackers and providing progress updates versus our plan, co-ordinate the UKLC NPI trackers and progress these with the appropriate teams to achieve the customer needs.
This position is also responsible to manage the PULL customers point of use data integrity in Glovia, be the single point of contact for general enquiries, co-ordinating responses from the appropriate teams to feed back to the customer.
Working with customers to ensure reported quality non-conformances are resolved. Liaise with 3PL Quality team to ensure dimensional checks are completed as required, reporting and managing non-conformance issues with our suppliers to an agreed corrective action.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Customer NPI program Co- Ordination
* New Part number releases
* Interface with Customer on out going / obsolete parts
* Customer POU data integrity (MUM files - Material usage maps)
* Manage the Surplus & RSSM process, including redistribution of surplus via the Global Network.
* Parts quality conformance to drawings, supporting customer issues and seeking corrective actions from suppliers
* Co-ordinate with 3PL Quality team to ensure inspection requirements are actioned
* Processing quality issues/rejects through MRP system
* Maintain quality KPI metrics, PPM & DPM
Minimal Travel Required (5% working time)
Skills and Experience Required
* Excellent Interpersonal Skills
* Excellent Microsoft skills, particularly in Excel and Access
* Self Motivated with Excellent Attention to detail
* Strong team player
* Requires problem-solving skills to establish RCCA and solve common problems
* Strong collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work across functions to perform work deploying supply chain & quality process improvements
* Ability to analyze business conditions and situations during deployment needed to minimize disruption to daily requirements.
* Basic knowledge of reading engineering drawings
* Previous experience of working with a Supply Chain role
* Knowledge of Glovia system
* Experience within a Manufacturing environment
* Understanding of manufacturing and operations standard processes and basic product knowledge
* College or university degree or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management or Industrial Engineering. APICS, CPIM, or CSPC National Certification.
* Minimum of three years of progressively responsible supply chain job experience.
* A background in Supply Chain, Manufacturing / Operations, Inventory Management, Material Requirements Planning, Demand Management and/or Logistics.
* Intermediate Excel.
* 6 Sigma experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.