Sitec has a requirement for a Supplier Warranty Engineer, to work for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract role, initially for 12 months. The role will be based in Peterborough
The rate range for this role is from £25-£35 p/hr LTD Company.
The Supplier Warranty Engineer responsible for Supplier Warranty Recovery will be a core team member of the Energy & Transportation Purchasing department. The purpose of this role is to review warranty claim data and by working together with the suppliers, the warranty team, engineering and supplier quality, will determine the root cause of the failure and therefore implement corrective action.
* Analysis of Excel based warranty data
* Identify trends within the data (part number / failure mode / supplier)
* Collaborate with suppliers on potential root causes
* Gather evidence to support root cause findings
* Identify & implement corrective actions with suppliers
* Supplier visits to review / audit manufacturing process
* Present findings to stakeholder group
* Previous experience within a relevant function i.e. preferably quality or engineering however manufacturing engineering will be considered
* Analytical, problem solving
* Effective communication skills
* Knowledge of engine component production techniques
* Previous experience of dealing with suppliers
* Knowledge of engine components and sub-systems
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.