Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Supplier Operations Manager to join our client based in Portsmouth. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £400p/day Ltd.
The operations we are responsible for are the development and deliveries by our subcontractors of complex systems and equipment, usually electronics ones. Our Supplier Operations Managers (SOM) are responsible for each contract to lead our supplier and the internal Airbus stakeholders to ensure delivery to agreed performance and flight quality, on time and to cost.
As a result, the role is a mixture of supplier, product, engineering, manufacturing and project management roles, all held through influencing skills, as the formal decision authority is shared within several Airbus stakeholders. Delivering equipment to AIT, you would have a direct impact on Telecom or ENS Payloads, and you will share the pride of successfully launching them into space with a strong Airbus and supplier team.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Engineering, Business Management or equivalent
A least 5 years of experience in activities which have allowed you to acquire sound skills and knowledge of:
- Engineering/Quality/Manufacturing/Technical Procurement
- Ability to anticipate, assess and mitigate risks
- Strong communication skills including active listening and empathy
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to persuade, influence and convince
- Excellent skills in relationship building, team building, empowering, motivating others and conflict management
- Skilled use of office tools (Word, Microsoft Project)
- Negotiation level of English, both written and verbal
- Industrial experience abroad would be a highly valued benefit
- Knowledge of other languages, particularly German, French, Spanish or Japanese would be a highly valued benefit
- System engineering / Project management certifications would be a valued benefit
- Skills/Experience in any other digital tools would be a valued benefit
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.