Sitec has an urgent requirement for a Supplier Development Engineer for our client Caterpillar. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months.
The Supplier Development Engineer will be based at an external supplier in Leicester and Coventry (Leicestershire)
Accountable for assisting with the LPSD 4000 Series Supply Chain functions, as designed, to meet the defined response time and supplier performance to ensure efficient facility operations, collaborating with business partners and suppliers, and resolving facility specific supplier issues.
The Supplier Development Engineer will act as liaison with corresponding Purchasing and Logistics professionals. Reporting directly to the Global Planning Manager, will be accountable for ensuring selected priority suppliers meet performance and component delivery expectations.
Key Job function will involve, but are not limited to;
* Manage & Conduct Weekly or Daily Escalation Process, Hold escalation meetings for key / critical offending suppliers associated with your respective site & report out.
* Manage, distribute and communicate recovery plans with offending suppliers to point of de-escalation, when required leverage support from Facility & Category partners.
* Lead Supply Chain Response Time Strategies with the relevant facilities and suppliers.
* Support lean & Right first Time methodology with BIQ rollout and embedment within the Supply base.
* Support facilities with Driving MRC Collaboration Reductions with suppliers.
* Support resourcing projects with key suppliers to ensure all parameters are achieved during change over without disruption to the receiving facility.
* Incumbent needs to be fluent in Microsoft Office software.
* Equivalent experience in a similar role
* Up to 3 years of job related experience
* Knowledge of shop operations and maintenance procedures
* Engineering or manufacturing background plus familiarity with manufacturing processes used to produce components and assemblies for Caterpillar products
* Knowledge of shop operations
* Good interpersonal communication, analytical, leadership and project management skills to develop cooperative working relationships with others both inside and outside of Caterpillar
* Capable of using and demonstrating statistical and problem solving tools.
* Quality engineering certification
* Experience in TQM Principles required
* Able to travel within UK on a regularly
* MFG Pro experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.