Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Structural Simulation Engineer for our client Perkins Engines, at their site in Peterborough. This is a contract role, for an estimated 6 months initially.
As a Structural Simulation Engineer you will serve with a multi-disciplinary predictive engineering (CAE) team responsible for supporting the design, performance, emissions and mechanical development of gas & diesel engines for Caterpillar that are used in machine, industrial and electrical power generation applications.
The successful candidate will apply your knowledge of Finite Element analysis and /or Multi-Body Dynamics to assignments that are complex in nature and that support and enhance Caterpillar product performance, durability, reliability, quality, and serviceability. You will personally deliver either process improvement, or moderate programs of analysis and through offshore resources.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Contribute to the identification, analysis, and resolution of needs and problems in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and /or Multi-Body Dynamics (MBD) for which you are beginning to build a reputation as an expert
* Perform complex analysis work, identify, and solve problems
* Deliver complex analysis work and process improvement through junior & flexible resources
* Technical delivery, support and advise other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, dealers, customers, and supplier
* Evaluate products and processes
* Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas
* Keep up to date on new technologies or develop new technologies
* Develop and maintain a keen understanding of internal and external customers' needs
Up to £37.00 p/hr (dependent on experience)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.