Sitec are currently looking to recruit a number of Structural FORAN Designers for our client who is a leading provider of engineering services which support national defence. The positions are based in Fife and are estimated 3 month contracts paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment.
Candidate should possess good FORAN skills and experience, with specific knowledge of FDesign, and the creation of both Structural and Outfit Production Output drawings. This role is required to support the close out phase of a complex new build vessel, within a multi-disciplinary Detail Design project. A good team ethic will be essential, as will the ability to communicate to multiple stakeholders within the development. This position will report into an experienced Senior Designer.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Ensure definition of design solution(s) and deliverables to required standards, consistent with whole lifecycle from concept through to in service support.
- Exercise care for own health and safety and that of others as defined by Health and Safety legislation, adhere to endorsed Company policy, procedures and delegations (e.g. Health & Safety, Diversity & Inclusion, Performance & Development Reviews and Finance etc.)
- Prepare & produce drawings throughout design lifecycle and in line with recognised ISO standards to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
- Prepare, produce and maintain project documentation as required by the design lifecycle, produce and update 'as built' /datum pack documentation.
- Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
- Develop innovative design solutions and solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Production and Technical Queries.
- Interface with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications.
- Assist more senior designers in a range of activities including, production of estimates, maintenance and improvement in standard and quality of outputs, production and test organisations with the compilation of test forms and procedures.
- Fulfil Design Lead responsibilities as assigned for single discipline low risk projects
The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to a design discipline including appropriate CAD skills (3D or 2D), written and verbal communications skills, and an understanding of Risk Management. Generates a wide range of common or complex design situations and problems or detail for assemblies, components or systems. Applies knowledge to develop design solutions to a wide range of common or complex design situations & problems under limited technical supervision. Typically Engineering Tech status
Requires ONC/HNC/HND (or equivalent) OR BTEC National Certificate/Diploma (or equivalent) OR appropriate apprenticeship of specialisation AND
Relevant industry experience, requires referenced levels of the ICF (Integrated Competency Framework) to be demonstrated or being worked towards AND engaged in structured development and is working towards meeting the registration requirements of the Engineering Council at Incorporated Engineer Level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.