Sitec has a requirement for a Stress Engineer with Solid Works analysis experience for our client based in Chippenham. This is a contract role expected to be on-going.
Pay rates will be dependant on experience.
The role will be focused on the analysis and development of innovative new enclosures and frameworks for electronic equipment including:
* On- Board Rail Locomotive equipment
* Trackside equipment.
This is a Rail Industry project so relevant experience would be useful.
* Stress Analysis of electro-mechanical products for Railway Signalling including high precision electronic enclosures / packaging and mechanisms.
* Assisting the Design / Development team including the provision of Stress checks to confirm the validity of the design, including vibration analysis.
* Responsible for the preparation of the necessary Stress reports.
Activities will include:
* Proving structural calculations
* Material properties comparison and selection
* Involvement, from a Stress perspective, in Environmental condition testing, Bench trials and functional testing , verification testing and reports , aid to Safety Engineers in the preparation of Product Safety Case(s)
* Involvement in both new products and Design rework support of obsolete products.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.