Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Stores Operative for our client who is a leading supplier to the nuclear industry. The position is based on an MoD establishment near Reading and is an estimated 12 month contract paying competitively on an hourly basis for a 40 hour week.
Successful applicants must hold current SC Clearance to apply as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this position.
To ensure the co-ordination of equipment, tools and supplies are appropriately received and controlled and issued in accordance with any project of Facility requirements.
The stores person will:
- Report to the stores manager or stores supervisor
- Ensure that stores are maintained in an orderly, clean and tidy condition at all times.
- Look to maintain the highest standards of H+S practice within your working day
- Ensure that sufficient and suitable records of inventory of the site stores are produced and submitted to the Engineer in Charge/Facility/General Manager (or nominee) in a timely manner.
- Ensure that deliveries of equipment to site are consistent with the programme for the works. This will be done in co-ordination with the Responsible Engineer/Supervisor.
- Liaise with Projects, Procurement and Supply Chain Team to ensure that deliveries to site are consistent with the programme for the works.
- Formally control all items of equipment leaving and being returned to stores. This is to include names, date, and signature of personnel removing/returning equipment.
- Record any problems encountered at the site stores and notify the Engineer in Charge/Facility/General Manager, or nominee, of details at the earliest opportunity.
- Produce and maintain the documentation required for safe management of the site stores.
- Ensure compliance by staff and any contractors with the requirements of the site Health, Safety & Environmental Plan and associated documents and legislation.
- If nominated to do so, ensure that all plant and equipment including tractor units, forklift trucks, lifting accessories and equipment are correctly maintained and compliant with current statutory requirements.
- Look to continually improve the efficiency of the stores and make recommendations for improvements to line managers.
- These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. The stores persons shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents and any legislation to which they refer.
Experience / Qualifications / Skills
- Counterbalance and preferably Reach forklift truck licence required
- Have excellent numeracy, literacy and organisational skills
- Computer Literate
- Physically fit and able to lift and move heavy packages
- Ability to follow processes and procedures accurately
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.