Sitec have a requirement for a Spatial Assessor (Submarines) for our client based in Barrow-in-Furness.
This is a contract position with a competitive hourly rate dependant on experience and an estimated duration to 31st March 2018.
SPATIAL ASSESSOR; Submarines
As a Tier 1 Supplier our client is responsible for the provision of a Supportable Submarine and Support Solution for the FSM Programme to design, build and provide in-service support to the future SSBN Flotilla. Part of this requirement will be demonstrated through Compartment Design Description (CDD) Assessments, Technical Notes and Level 2 Case Reports, all of which the post holder will have some degree of input into.
Reports via the Spatial Lead to the FSM Major System Supportability Lead and is responsible for leading the 'Through Life Support' elements of the FSM Support Solution for nominated Major Areas. Split into two principal tasks: Design Reviews and Provision of Subject Matter Expertise (SME).
Provide specialist support-related expertise and analysis capabilities to the evolving design of the FSM design, reducing support demands and ensuring that the optimum information is available during the in-service phase of the lifecycle.
Ensures support requirements are identified to ensure the FSM Support Solution is designed to meet the Continuous at Sea Deterrent (CASD) and minimum through life cost requirements.
* Babcock FSM Chief Engineer for the technical quality of the engineering deliverables demonstrating compliance with the required assurance processes.
* The Spatial Lead for:
a. Production of Major Area Spatial / CDD Assessments from a support perspective at design review with relevant evidence, i.e. Supportability Checklist.
b. Relevant population of Decision Panel Matrix.
c. Management of SQEP based Through-Life Support Enquiries and similar technical queries.
d. Production of Spatial/CDD Assessment related documentation for nominated Major Areas.
e. Production of outputs in accordance with FSM commitments, to time, budget and quality, as defined in the appropriate TPAF.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
* The management and coordination of the Through Life Support (TLS) activities in support of the nominated Major Areas to meet their Design Review criteria and ultimately the programme;
* Spatial Assessments focusing on removal routes, work-in-ways, Stowages, spares, tools, access and other maintenance related activities;
* Coordinating and managing the FSM design and development to ensure optimisation of Support Solutions in line with the identified ILS and ARM requirements;
* Active collaboration with management, engineering and other areas to ensure supportability and supportability-related design factors & requirements are fully considered.
* Coordinating and managing the 'Through Life Support' activities and observing the interface boundaries with the Mechanical and Electrical Systems whilst ensuring that full cognisance is taken regarding maintenance envelopes, removal routes and 'work in way'.
* Provide support to the development of Supportability Engineering (SE) outputs to inform the development of maintenance demands, frequencies and identified Trade-Offs.
* Generation of supporting evidence of Technical Notes, CDD Assessments and Level 2 Case Reports, updating the SBoM where applicable/appropriate.
* Represent the Support the Design CAM at meetings
* The MoD departments (FSM PT, Combat Systems PT etc) to ensure contributions satisfy requirements.
* BAE SYSTEMS - the primary interface being with the respective Design Engineers and Technical Authorities;
* Senior managers within Babcock with responsibility for delivering elements of the FSM programme, either directly to MoD or via another IP, to ensure that issues that may affect the wider FSM programme are understood;
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
Degree qualified in an Engineering / Technical discipline OR qualified with the Royal Navy as a Submariner (SSBN preferred) with a minimum 5 years experience as a Nuclear Category B Watchkeeper.
Extensive experience in the 'In-Service' Support arena, a sound knowledge of HM submarine operation, systems operation, maintenance and support requirements;
Ideally experience of MoD contracts and support related policies.
A proven leader within a high pressure environment, with management, motivational and presentation skills; effective communication with the MoD and customer base.
Experienced in planning, implementation and control of programmes to ensure results can be achieved within established time and budgets.
Demonstrate the ability to develop close working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders & interfaces to progress business and programme demands.
Relevant design support experience in a defence and/or services environment.
Demonstrate the ability to manipulate and leverage value for money through challenging the norm and introducing innovative solutions.
An understanding of AR&M and ILS methodologies, including an awareness of the appropriate Defence Standards.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.