Sitec has a requirement for a Spacecraft Purge Engineer for our client within the Defence industry. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Stevenage. The max pay rate for this role is up to £30.00 p/hr LTD Company.
This role is for a Spacecraft Purge Engineer to manage the gas purge process that protects the scientific equipment that will be part of the satellite payload.
The post holder will work from the operating parameters set for each equipment package and devise/set up the purge kit - initially in a clean room on site - and then a revised set up for transport of the package to the launch site. The post holder will monitor the purge process in transit and at the launch site up until launch.
This role is ideal for those with space sector experience but the key skills may also be found in the technical, scientific, medical or other sectors.
* Operating and managing the nitrogen purge process for scientific equipment
* Taking responsibility for managing the spacecraft purge supply through spacecraft test and launch site operation up to launch.
* Carrying out MCP bottle changes and set up of flow systems
* Carrying out system flow checks in line with design specifications
* Contact with nitrogen
* Contact with flow meters and Swagelock equipment
* Contact with flight hardware
* Working to MIL spec (defined military standards)
* Reporting to AIT Lead Engineer
* 3+ years working with purge systems in a space/technical/scientific/medical environment
* Swagelock systems experience is a clear advantage
EDUCATION & TRAINING
* Engineering NVQ/A levels/Degree
* Safe use of Gas
* Shift work will be part of the role
* Travel to Europe is required for long periods during launch phase of a project
Successful applicants for this role must be able to obtain a BPSS level (with a Disclosure Scotland) clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.