Sitec have an exciting requirement for a Spacecraft Operations Engineer for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months with a pay rate of £40 p/hr Ltd.
A Spacecraft Operations and FDIR (Failure Detection, Isolation and Recovery) engineer is required to support the Operations & FDIR team leader to fulfil operations-related activities on a major Satellite project for which Airbus-DS is Prime Contractor.
Job Profile of Spacecraft Operations Engineer
Responsibilities will include support to the following;
Operations and safety synthesis
* Operational scenario definition and analysis
* Spacecraft operational constraints identification and analysis
* System FDIR consolidation and fine tuning
* Mission Operations timeline definition
* System TM and TC budgets
* Ground processing requirements definition
Project and customer interface
* Participation in project technical and progress meetings
* Participation to system and equipment reviews
* Provision of inputs to system progress report
System SW definition
* Provision of System Software Specification inputs to SW architect.
* Review of SW architecture, design and test documentation
Spacecraft User Manual (SUM)
* SUM preparation and maintenance
* Definition of nominal and contingency Flight Operational Procedures
* Operations and FDIR validation plan and corresponding test results assessment
* Support customer (Space agency) during System Validation Tests preparation and execution
* Provision of Operations Support during spacecraft AIT/AIV including system test definition and execution
* Supporting the operation centre during LEOP and commissioning phase (including the pre-launch simulation campaigns)
* In-flight performance verification and data analysis
Skills/Experience Required of Spacecraft Operations Engineer
* Previous experience of spacecraft operations preparation activities or spacecraft in flight operations
* Excellence in spoken and written communication
* Familiarity with the ECSS operations related standards, especially the Telemetry and Telecommand Packet Utilisation Standard
* Experience of interfacing with customer teams
* Systems Thinking
* Requirements Development
* System Architecture
* General Systems IV&V
* Lean in Engineering
Education & Training
The successful candidate will have a degree in a related subject such as engineering, physics or mathematics.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.