Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking a Solutions Architect to be based in their Fradley Lichfield offices on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
Babcock Digital Solutions provides Information, Analytic, Decision Support and IT services to its customers.
We are a forward looking division who work closely with our customers to enable their business's and integrate our services into their existing operations to help improve the output, performance and decision making.
If you are a proactive individual who has experience of end to end project delivery in the IT or defence sectors, and are looking for a position in an Architecture team we would like to hear from you.
As a Technical/Solutions Architect in Digital Solutions you would be responsible for the design and scoping of technical solutions either as part of projects of varying size or continuous improvement initiatives for existing products/solutions.
You would need to be able to liaise and work with the stakeholders at all levels providing knowledge and expertise in the specified field in order to deliver the required business solutions.
The role requires a confident individual with strong communication skills who is able to gain clarity of requirement and translate that into a logical design which considers all aspects of integration across the existing estate.
You will be responsible for timely submission of designs, estimates and bid or project documentation and work closely with the Business Analysis, Service and Development functions.
The Solutions Architect should have:
- Relevant experience of the Maritime Defence or IT domain.
- Significant experience of working in a complex and fast paced IT environment
- Managing third party suppliers and an understanding or commercial and licence based compliance considerations
- Managing the Customer Interface
- Delivering as an individual and as part of a project team
- Significant experience of design based on both COTS product and in-house developed solutions
- An understanding of the Software Delivery Lifecycle and associated tools
- An understanding of Architectural practices and associated tools
- Experience of working within a gated bid/tender process
Experience of working on complex IT projects using techniques including TOGAF, APM, Prince 2, ITIL and ISO20000.
A sound knowledge and understanding of architectural design and methodologies and Excellent Communication Skills.
Experience of working with Microsoft, VMWare, Oracle/Java technology stacks.
Educated to degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience.
Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.