Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Solution Architect for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Requirement specifically for project need
* Understand Application services and the expertise to manage data and information lifecycles for long term retention and retrieval.
* Understand requirements, evaluate technology options and recommend solutions.
* Provide solution design suitable to enable implementation of the capability
* Experience in the secure management of highly sensitive information
* Must have experience of implementing corporate information application capabilities
* Experience of working across a wide range of Stakeholders - including C level and User Groups
* Experience of managing and leading implementation teams to realise the design
The Domain Architect provides leadership as well as in-depth expertise in the design and implementation of Information Technology (IT) solutions in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Organisation's entire IT infrastructure including voice, data and control networks, servers, storage and data centres.
The Domain Architect contributes to the definition of the organisation's technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns for IT infrastructure and provides technical advice and guidance in support of its implementation. This role also provides technical leadership on a set of IT delivery projects as part of a complex programme.
* Assessment of proposed solution architecture specifications and change requests to ensure alignment with defined technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns
* Verification of delivered technical solutions against previously approved architecture specifications and change requests
* Assume the role of Lead Architect on many delivery projects:
* Assist business and technical analysts with the identification of business requirements
* Support the solution architects and the architectural design for IT infrastructure solutions
* Provide support to project managers for the creation of plans, timescales, costs and risks for the implementation of IT solutions
* Definition of technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation's IT infrastructure
* Work closely with the CTO and BRMs to:
* Understand the current and future business needs of the organisation and determine how these can be best supported by the IT infrastructure
* Identify and promote ideas for improvement in the organisation's current IT infrastructure
* Develop and maintain relationships with senior representatives from the organisation's strategic partners and key suppliers
* Maintain general awareness of developments in the IT infrastructure marketplace including vendor strategies and report on their potential impact on the organisation
* Lead technology selection and procurement processes including the development of business cases and cost estimates
* Participate in and support the operation of the IS Architecture Review Board
* Guide and support technical service managers and others on the creation of change requests related to the IT infrastructure.
* Professional certification in Enterprise Architecture such as TOGAF
* A bachelor's degree in either computer science or systems development, or relevant experience
* Specialist in at least one and good appreciation of all technical aspects of IT systems (e.g. voice, data and/or control networks, servers, storage, data centre)
* Familiar with the security demands of defence IT systems
* Familiar with Enterprise Architecture methods, techniques and modelling languages
* Able to set requirements and proposed solution into the context of the wider business and CIO arena
* Is able to work under-pressure to get the job done
* Is able to effectively influence people to follow process
* Has the ability to manage a task through to its successful completion.
* Proactively solves problems encountered
* Ability to effectively prioritise, understanding impact and risks.
* Reacts to planning changes in a prompt and efficient manner.
* Has the ability to promote the IT Services organisation
* Held position of Enterprise Architect, or Technical Architect within large (e.g. more than 1,000 staff) organisation
* Development of Multi-Site architectures in a secure environment
* Creation of conceptual models to assist in understanding and solving problems
* Analysis of concepts at multiple levels of abstraction, retaining the 'big picture'; but attending to detail where required
* Has experience of making informed technical judgements and decisions relevant to this role
* Familiar with industry best-practice approaches to the design, implementation, operation and management of IT systems (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, ITIL, COBIT)
* Awareness of commercial and IT systems procurement practice
* An understanding of good Information Management
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.