Sitec has a requirement for a Software Validation Engineer for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months and the max rate of pay is up to £45.00 p/hr LTD Company.
JOB SUMMARY - SOFTWARE VALIDATION ENGINEER
The Engineering technical unit for Data Processing & On-Board Software is a multinational group with sites in UK, France and Germany. The function of the technical unit is to provide a central competence that supports the evolving needs of the business, working on space systems, satellite platforms, payloads and equipment.
As part of the UK's Data Processing & On-Board Software department, the successful candidate will be part of a highly motivated and dynamic development group working at the centre of embedded software development on one of the exciting Space missions currently under development, ExoMars Rover or Solar Orbiter.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer with good experience in embedded software development. You need to be enthusiastic, passionate and eager to apply your excellent software engineering skills to the ever changing and exciting world of Space. Being at the forefront of Space exploration through working on the very latest Space missions provides a unique and challenging opportunity for you to contribute to, and make a difference, in one of the largest growing areas of scientific discovery.
SW VALIDATION ROLE TASKS/ DELIVERABLES
v Developing test procedures, execution, debug and formal results preparation.
v Anomaly investigation, including liaison with software designers and requirements authors.
v Inspection of peers' test procedures versus applicable technical and process requirements.
v Configuration & administration of updated test software
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
* Engineering degree in software, computer science or similar
* Experience of Real-time embedded software engineering lifecycle process. (Min. 3years relevant experience in real-time embedded Software engineering domains - design, code/test, integration, validation)
* Software process oriented. Disciplined & quality mind-set (on-quality, on-schedule, on-cost)
* Excellent software problem solving skills - diagnostic approach (solution-oriented)
* Good communication skills in English (verbal & written)
* Proficiency in formally validating software against baseline requirements
* Java programming (min. 2 years professional experience); C coding; Linux scripting skills
* Experience in the satellite/space, avionics or similar industry.
* ECSS software engineering standards (Q-80B, E-40).
* ERC32 / LEON / SPARC processor.
* MIL-STD 1553B, and/or spacewire.
* Data transport packet protocols (CCSDS).
* Microsoft Windows 7; Linux Red Hat 4.x
Successful applicants will be required to be security screened and obtain a Basic disclosure certificate on appointment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.