Sitec currently have a requirement for an expierenced Software Test Engineer to join our client based in Newport. The client is a world leading Aerospace Defence and Space company. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £350p/day Ltd.
The client provides integrated Tactical Network products to enable Secure Communications for its customers.
Minimum of 1.5 years of Expert knowledge of automated testing of software written using C and Python on Linux
Sound knowledge and experience of writing Test plans and Test procedures from system/sub-system requirements Specifications
Software Tests will need to be developed to exercise the key functional components for the projects.
Integration Tests will need to be developed to prove the execution of the functional components against requirements, and testing of Software Problem Reports (SPRs) and Occurrence Reports (ORs) raised by the customer
Tests will need to be developed or extended to show that the interfaces between the subsystem components and external interfaces are correct and that the components combine to execute the functionality correctly.
The Engineer will provide input to and support Test Readiness Reviews(TRRs), Test Review Board (TRBs) and Delivery Review Board(DRBs)
The engineer must be able to support the implementation team in the investigation and diagnosis of software issues
The successful candidate will be able to work with minimal supervision and must be a team player
The candidate must be able to document and report technical information clearly and concisely, be able to verify SPRs/ORs at this stage of the programme.
Periodic releases are made, these can be in the form of hot fixes or major releases that combine all new features, hotfixes and bug fixes
The tester will be involved in setting up the simulators and rigs, uploading of the new builds to allow testing to be performed on different hardware platforms
Objectives would include:
* Writing Test procedures and test reports for the verification of all releases
* Provide input to and support TRRs, TRBs and DRBs
* Testing/ verifying deliveries by configuring and setting up all necessary equipment in the labs
* Providing support to the other test facilities & live networks either from Newport Lab or on site at the actual facilities in the UK
* Verify (OR/SPR) resolution
* Recording observations on SPRs with sufficient detail to aid the development team to rectify
* Understanding of IP networking and routing
* The engineer shall have experience of CI/CD and DevOps using Python, Jenkins, and GitLab
* Familiarity with configuring Virtual machines and Docker Containers
* Experience with Subversion and Git (or similar configuration control and change control tools)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.