Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Software Specialist for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. This post is initially for a 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Primary responsibilities are, as a member of the Application Services DBA team, to ensure the availability and Supportability of SQLServer databases underpinning Information Centre managed systems.
To investigate and address issues, including resolving calls allocated to the group from the Help Desk.
To provide Subject Matter Expert advice in the deployment and maintenance of SQLServer databases. To support Application Services within Information Centres with change and development activities including project delivery. This role provides primary support to corporate systems located on several networks.
The post holder will;
* Ensure that the production system is maintained and patched in a proactive manner
* Undertake the cloning and patching of development, system test, UAT and pre-production environments
* Maintain installations, upgrades and maintenance of the database server, tools and applications
* Undertake investigations and propose resolutions of problems
* Work with IS Modernisation Project to prepare for the transition of SQLServer platforms into support.
* Monitor and plan for database storage requirements
* Monitor, maintain and tune database and applications performance
* Maintain and ensure database security through quarterly patches and best practices
* Maintain backup policy.
* Maintain the backup mechanism and perform regular tests
* Provide and maintain scripts to automate the monitoring and cloning of environments for quick and effective fault diagnosis and where possible automated fix
* Review relevant change and custom releases for risk and impact analysis as part of the whole team to ensure a robust and efficient production system
* Create and maintain system/process documentation
* The implementation of code releases and configuration changes throughout the system life cycle
* Assist other roles such as Developers, Functional Consultants, administrators and users with issues such as workflow, tracing of concurrent requests, real time tracing of users, patch analysis and monitoring
* Ensure that adequate assurance procedures are applied to the work undertaken so that the high standards of safety appropriate to a nuclear licensed site are achieved
* Ensure that the required standards of reliability and safety performance of the constituent systems are achieved in the deliverables
* Take an active role in the implementation of company and local procedures and systems of work to safeguard people, quality, security and the environment, including compliance with the requirements of current legislation
Willing and able to obtain and maintain a high level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.