Sitec has a requirement for a Software / Firmware Engineer - for our client within the Defence industry. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Portsmouth. The max pay rate is up to £40.00 p/hr LTD Company
Reporting to the Head of Systems Engineering, a versatile and experienced Software/ Firmware Engineer is required to join a studies group working on advanced programmes for satellites ground systems.
System Delivery Teams, will be responsible for the delivery of the required in feeds as requested and managed by the Project Coordinator. The successful candidate must have customer facing abilities, as the position entails technical exchanges and meetings with the European Space Agency (ESA), System Prime and Subcontractors.
The candidate must have experience of software and firmware development over the complete lifecycle from requirements capture, development, integration, testing and support. This job will include the definition, prototyping and evaluation of new applications within the GNSS domain.
* Requirements analysis and functional decomposition.
* Technical analysis of system design
* Software & Firmware Development
* Signal Processing
* Platform definition and evaluation
* Delivery of incremental systems design.
* Performance budgeting
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
* Candidates should be degree qualified
* Systems engineering
* Firmware & Software architecture (significant previous experience as a lead designer on a SDR development)
* Experience of firmware including VHDL
* Experience of several of the following: Python, C, C++, CUDA, Matlab
* Requirements engineering
* Hardware platform specification including interfaces
* Formal approach to documentation
* Ideally, the Software / Firmware Engineer will have experience on Satellite Ground Segment projects.
* Experience of satellite systems and ground infrastructure including GPS and Galileo
* Knowledge of Networking including Ethernet, USB
* Knowledge of test environments including RF test equipment.
Successful applicants will need a background to enable a SC Security Clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.