Sitec has a requirement for a Software Engineer (JAVA) for our client based in Portsmouth. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months, although is likely to be extended.
An exceptional Software Engineer (JAVA) with a proven delivery record and proven development skills (in JAVA).
The engineer must have a broad range of experience with software and its applications, experience of Software development using the Agile methodology and knowledge of Network Equipment Configuration. The engineer must be able to work with the System / Software architect to develop and test software components which meet the required specification. The engineer must be able to take ownership of a development area and where necessary engage in technical discussions with key stakeholders. The engineer must be flexible to travel in order to support customer integration phases.
Must be capable and responsible for:
* Detailed Software Design
* Development of and ownership of a specific area of development
* Task estimation
* Software Development, Testing and Documentation
* Software Configuration and Build Management
* Software and System Integration
The following key technical skills are required:
* Degree level education
* Eclipse / NetBeans IDE
* SVN or similar version control management system
* Control & Monitoring Systems
* Network Equipment Configuration
* Unix/Linux & Windows environments
* Agile Development Processes
* Issue tracking systems
* UML/SysML using Enterprise Architect or similar
* Software & System Integration
The following key soft skills are required:
* Ability to self-motivate and to motivate team members
* Ability to promote innovation in self and others
* Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders in a confident and professional manner
* Ability to deliver to Quality, Cost and Schedule
* Ability to follow processes but also challenge to improve processes
Successful applicants for this role must be able to obtain an SC level clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.