Sitec have a very interesting Contract role for a Software Engineer with Graphical User Interface (GUI) experience to be based at our client's offices in Bristol. The role is expected to last nine months full time, and is required to start as soon as possible. Candidates must have a background that will allow BPSS (basic) UK Security Clearance
Software Engineer Job / Role Description (PEARL team)
The 'PEARL' team require a software engineer to join this exciting and fast paced project to deliver a "configurable platform floor" to University College of London. This platform is to be used for a variety of experimental purposes, ranging from urban accessibility planning to crowd behaviour studies.
The particular skill-set we require includes a thorough understanding and experience of Graphical User Interface development, machine logic and network architecture.
The software engineer will be joining a control systems team comprising a graduate developer, and a control systems engineer who will be coding the PIC in the module.
The Successful candidate will be required to develop design documentation and then implement the GUI, the maths required to calculate the height of all the actuators across a platform, the sequencing logic to ensure the equipment does not draw too much power at once and the network architecture to support the system.
Software will be coded in Visual Studio, designed to run on a Windows based tablets. Module control boxes are still to be designed - this role will also be required to assist in preparing that specification.
The job is expected to last nine months full time, and is required to start as soon as possible.
Required Experience / Qualifications / Attributes:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of implementing servers.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of C++.
- Experience of commissioning, maintaining and fault finding of TCP/IP networks.
- Experience of full system design life-cycle
- Understanding of networking and communications principles.
- Ability to work on own initiative as part of a small team.
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
Candidates must have a background that will allow BPSS (basic) UK Security Clearance to be obtained.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.