Sitec have a very interesting role for a Software Engineer to work in Keynsham, nr Bristol. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 6 Months +.
The candidate must have an existing valid UK Security Clearance to SC Level or above.
This role will be working within the Naval Combat Systems Engineering Team, whose primary role is to support the engineering development and deployment of projects focussed on the sustainment of, and advances to, Submarine Combat Systems.
The tasks will require the post holder to be based in Keynsham, with the need to take trips to the MoD Combat Systems Delivery Team in North Bristol and Naval Bases South and North.
The successful candidate will provide software and web developer experience to actively engage with internal and external customers to aid in the continued development of the existing product. You will be expected to lead improvements in the customer experience and site feel, as well as an increase in site functionality and common design intent across Combat Systems Engineering Team outputs. You will be required to work jointly with the MoD on the development of CS Functional Architecture and CSET system diagram modelling.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Web design, with knowledge of HTML5,
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS),
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA),
- Knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Have good communication and presentation skills and a proven ability to produce technical reports of a high professional standard.
- Have sufficient competence to be able to manage low-level Project Management tasks, as directed.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.