Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our client based in Portsmouth, the EGSE (Electrical Ground Support Equipment) Software Engineer role is for an initial 12 months and has a pay rate of £45p/hr Ltd.
The Microwave Sounder (MWS) instrument is a 24 channel self-calibrating microwave radiometer, providing the operational microwave humidity sounding capability for the MetOp second generation (SG) meteorological satellites.
MetOp-SG is the space segment of the EPS-Second Generation (EPS-SG) mission of EUMETSAT addressing the need to continue EPS to provide observations for operational meteorology (mainly in the area of numerical weather prediction (NWP)) and climate monitoring.
The baseline configuration of the MetOp-SG Space Segment is based on the "2-Satellites Configuration" composed of two separate and different satellites, each carrying a different payload instruments complement. MWS will be on MetOp-SG Satellite A.
The primary objective of MWS is to support regional and global scale Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) by the provision of real time atmospheric temperature and water-vapour sounding data.
We are currently starting Assembly Integration and Test (AIT) activities on the MWS Engineering Model (EM); therefore an opportunity to work in the MWS AIT team has arisen.
The scope of work is to provide functional and operational support for the preparation, execution and test result evaluation.
Tasks and accountabilities:
- Implementation of test scripts using µTOPE
- Design of synoptics, Telemetry Displays and MMI
- Management of the MWS TMTC Database
- Operation descriptions and manuals
- Good programming skills (QT and tcl/tk will be a plus)
- Knowledge of EGSE and bench architecture
- Knowledge in electronics and RF would be a plus
- Knowledge of the verification approach
- Good knowledge in UNIX/Linux/Windows usage
- Knowledge of ECSS, MIB and/or PUS standard would be an asset
- Familiarity with SpaceWire and C&C would be an advantage
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.