Sitec have a requirement for a Software Engineer in Bristol, this is a contract role with a duration of 9 Months +.
The team require a software engineer to join this exciting and fast paced project to deliver a configurable platform floor to University College of London. This platform is to be used for a variety of experimental purposes, ranging from urban accessibility planning to crowd behaviour studies.
The system comprises a number of hand held tablets running GUI software. These then transmit commands via WiFi to a router and over Ethernet to the 441 control boxes mounted on each of the configurable floor modules. The module control boxes will house an Arduino which will in turn control 4 electric actuators which will adjust the module floor height and gradient.
The particular skill-set we require includes a thorough understanding and experience of GUI development, C# programming, testing and network architecture. The software engineer will be joining a control systems team comprising a graduate developer, and a control systems engineer who will be leading the project. The role required is to develop design documentation and then implement the code for the GUI, which will send commands to the Arduinos, inform the user of the platforms status and allow the user to design different platform layouts.
Software will generally be coded in Visual Studio or appropriate IDE and managed using Azure DevOps, designed to run on a Windows 10 tablet, which is yet to be selected.
Required Experience / Qualifications / Attributes:
- Experience of developing software design documentation
- Excellent knowledge and experience of C#.
- Experience of commissioning, maintaining and fault finding of TCP/IP networks
- Experience of developing test plans and schedules
- Understanding of networking and communications principles.
- Ability to work on own initiative as part of a small team.
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.