Sitec currently have a requirement for a Software Developer for our client based in Portsmouth, the client is a world leading Aerospace Defence and Space company. This is a contract position for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £40ph/r Ltd
A versatile experienced software engineer is required to join a studies group working on advanced programmes for satellites navigation systems.
The candidate must have customer facing abilities, as the position entails technical exchanges and meetings with the UK Space Agency, ESA, System Prime and Subcontractors.
The candidate must have experience of software development over the complete lifecycle from requirements capture, development, integration, testing and support. This job will include the definition, prototyping and evaluation of new applications within the GNSS domain.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES of Software Developer:
* Software Development
* Requirements analysis and functional decomposition.
* Technical analysis of system design
* Platform definition and evaluation
* Delivery of incremental systems builds
* Software Development including C, Matlab, Python on Linux OS
* Software architecture
* System Specifications including interfaces
* Requirements engineering
* Systems engineering
* Ability to be SC cleared and UK national
* Formal approach to documentation
* Significant previous experience of SDR development
* Experience of satellite systems and ground infrastructure including GPS
* Knowledge of Networking including Ethernet, USB
* Knowledge of test environments including RF test equipment
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.