Sitec has a requirement for a Software Developer to work for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract position, for an estimated 6 months.
The Checkout Systems division comprises departments in UK, France and Germany. The division provides a central competence for Simulator development, on-board SW testing & engineering SW product development for spacecraft platforms, payloads and equipment.
Within the simulator domain, the team are responsible for developing a data management framework product (RangeDB) that is used to host the satellite detailed design data model for the avionics subsystem.
Our client is looking for a talented, creative software developer who is flexible, self motivated and hard working to join our clients team. You will be expected to design, problem solve and use software engineering skills to develop and integrate new functionality to our RangeDB product, become the main technical developer for the RangeDB SW product in the UK and provide support to the end-users on existing functionality.
The Software Developer should possess excellent technical skills in Java and practical knowledge of Object Oriented databases and the Eclipse Modelling Framework.
The role is based in Stevenage, UK, where you will work closely with the RangeDB product Focal Point (who is responsible for capturing new product features and managing development/support task priorities). However, you should be able for infrequent travel within Europe (2-3 times a year) to interact with the transnational RangeDB development community to drive the overall product development.
In order to be successful in this role, you will require the following experience:
* Object Oriented analysis & design using UML (or similar)
* Object Oriented Programming using JAVA and Eclipse
* Practical knowledge of the Eclipse Modelling Framework (EMF)
* Desktop application/tool development using a client/server architecture
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
* Knowledge of machine-to-machine communication protocols
Knowledge and experience in the following areas would give you a further advantage:
* Plugin development using Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP)
* Spacecraft avionics systems
* SpaceWire, MilSTD 1553, ECSS PUS, CAN data protocols
* Test Driven Development (TDD) using JUINT
* Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related discipline and at least 3 years of professional work experience
Successful applicants will be required to be security screened and obtain a Basic disclosure certificate on appointment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.