Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Software Asset Manager for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an initial 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
The Software Asset Manager is responsible for working with business stakeholders and Information Services Operations teams, performing at the highest technical level of all phases of software lifecycle activities. They will manage the complexity of Office365 (O365) in the OZONE environment and orchestrate the various activities associated with ensuring that the delivery of O365 meets the users' needs, risks are managed and our legislative and regulatory obligations are met.
The Software Asset Manager (SAM) is needed to:
* Gather detail for apps being migrated to target cloud/on-prem. environments
* Determine version/licence model options and provide recommendation
* Ensure best cost value, including consolidation & pooling of licence and support contracts
* Ensure licencing continuity from legacy to target environments
* Obtain quotes and source required application from vendors
* Initiate the Requisition & PO for licenses/support, and track through to completion
* Monitor the list of applications added/removed from migration scope
* Ensure the company remains license compliant throughout the transition project, managing and reporting compliance risk
* Ensure SAM processes (to retain compliance and value) are complete & effective for live operation
* Be the SAM 'single-point-of-contact' for the project
* Track and report SAM costs
* Ensure a comprehensive understanding of stakeholder and user needs.
* Enable Information Services to deliver effectively in the future by determining functionality and prioritising features.
* Ensure solutions deliver improvement, cost reductions and value enhancement in the business.
* Monitor, analyse and report on technology solutions throughout their entire software development lifecycle (SDLC).
* Oversee product development and monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
* Maintain high levels of support for applications, proactively identify risk and act as a point of contact to stakeholders as issues arise.
* Provide estimates, ensure scope is managed and resolve issues affecting quality and schedule.
* Track technical deliverables and milestone completion.
* Provide timely communication, direction, delivery, quality and solutions.
* Cross-coordinate and regularly communicate with key stakeholders to facilitate cross-team collaboration and provide feedback.
* Standardise user experience across all tools and application modules.
* Ability to gather requirements and construct associated plans and documentation such as Business Cases, Reports and Plans
* Project and task planning and management
* Managing multiple concurrent tasks, whilst maintaining effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation of self and resources
* Managing and delivering activities in a diverse organisation
* Highly skilled in customer relations and communications, both written and oral
* Problem solving, using a range of approaches, tools and techniques to underpin decision making
* Very good ability in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
Essential Knowledge / Experience
* Knowledge of product specific application architectures and relevant experience in solution architecture.
* Experience in application development platforms and/or languages (HTML/CSS/Java/ASP.Net/PHCSC/Ruby/C).
* Experience in DevOps and/or continuous deployment and/or integration process and tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, RallyDev, Jira).
* Experience in iterative, agile and/or scrum development.
* Experience in solution architecture.
* Knowledge of product-specific application architectures.
* Application domain knowledge.
* Program and/or project management.
* Software licencing models - Microsoft (on-prem. and cloud) and general (essential)
* Awareness of desktop & server architectures related to software licencing (essential)
* Influencing customers/suppliers (essential)
* Excellent Communicator at both management and more technical levels (essential)
* ITIL Foundation (preferable)
* Experience working within a software implementation project team (preferable)
* Previously lead establishment of a SAM Service (including process / policy) (preferable)
* Experience with Flexera (Advantageous)
* Software licencing models - Oracle (advantageous)
* Relevant Degree or equivalent qualification and/or experience
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.