Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval / Marine Engineering and Support Services industry and are seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst to be based in their offices on Devonport Dockyard Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months.
Working within the Corporate directorate in the Business Solutions department, the Senior Business Systems Analyst reports to the Business Applications Manager.
The main purpose of this role is to take responsibility for business analysis services, defining and understanding the clients' business process, functions and data, identifying areas for process and system improvements including quantifying potential business benefits and, where necessary, performing detailed systems specification and design for the development of IT application solutions to support the business.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst is accountable to the Business Applications Manager.
Under project scenarios the Senior Business Systems analyst is also accountable to the Project Manager, Scrum Master and Product Owner
Responsibilities for Systems, Structures, Plant and Equipment (SSPE)
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements to processes, information systems, or organisation change. Conduct investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies. Prepare business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks. Work closely with Product owners, stakeholders and subject matter experts to recommend options and define priority
* Use appropriate tools to contribute to the development of system architectures in specific business or functional areas. Produce detailed component specifications and translate these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products. Provide advice and guidance to development team
* Conduct business modelling activities for significant change programmes which may affect multiple business functions. Work closely with Product Owners and subject matter experts and present results to stakeholders for agreement.
* Contribute to the systems capability strategy that meets the strategic requirements of the business. Take responsibility for investigative work to determine requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, data management, practices, procedures, organisation and equipment.
* Use data analysis and modelling techniques to develop and maintain data structures to support business solutions, ensuring adherence to corporate data standards and provide advice and guidance to developers
* Undertake design of complex applications, utilising appropriate tools to produce effective design documentation - for example, data flows, process diagrams, data maps for interfaces. Ensure design maps to user requirements and balances functional, service quality and maintenance requirements
* Application of methods to identify user experience to ensure user friendly processes - user characteristics and tasks and the technical, organisational and physical environment that they operate in
* Keep abreast of industry best practice and participate in continuous improvement for the analysis process within the software development lifecycle
* Provide support to the Project Manager in liaising with Product owners and key stakeholder. Can take responsibility for the project management of small-medium complexity software projects following PMO guidelines
* Peer review output from other members of the team. Provide mentoring and guidance to less experienced members of the team.
* Business Applications Manager - Daily
* Head of Applications Solutions - Weekly
* Business Solutions Director - Monthly
* Business Systems Analyst colleagues - Daily
* Developers - Daily
* Testers - Daily
* Product Owners - Daily
* Stakeholders/SME - Daily
* Scrum Masters - Daily
* Project Managers - Weekly
* Approve requirements and/or design of complex projects for release to Product Owners and stakeholders for formal review
Principal Company Reference Documents
* Agility BMS IT/IM Business Process maps
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
* HND/Bachelor Degree level or hold a relevant professional qualification
* Demonstrate a systematic, disciplined analytical approach to problem solving
* Excellent interpersonal skills and is experienced at stakeholder management
* Fully aware of the importance of commercial constraints
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Possess broad understanding of business and business activities with deep knowledge in at least one area of specialisation
* Able to recognise potential assignments outside own areas of specialisation and bring to bear appropriate expertise as necessary.
* Wide understanding of software development life cycle and approaches (especially working in an Agile environment)
* Detailed knowledge of corporate data standards
* Self-motivated, able to plan and schedule own work in a set time horizon
* Good knowledge of SQL and ability to understand PL/SQL
* Experienced in use of Microsoft Team Foundation Server
* Deep experience in use of modelling and design tools
* Good knowledge of company ERP systems
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.