Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer (Asbestos Related) for a decommissioned Nuclear Power Station in Somerset. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively up to £262.00 - £284.00 per day on a Ltd basis, for a 4 day week (37 hours).
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
Purpose of Role
To provide comprehensive support to Project Managers by progressing work packages and other project activities, and the management, control and supervision of all persons and activities.
* Takes personal responsibility to establish and maintain Company standards and expectations for all subcontractors on site.
* Manage, control and supervise site work to ensure that projects are completed safely within specified company and project safety procedures and plans.
* Ensure that project work is carried out in compliance with the following:
w Health and Safety Legislation, particularly CDM regulations & Site Instructions
w PMAF / DPAF process (Asbestos)
w Site Licence requirements and other MCPs, LSIs etc.
* Monitor, record and report project progress and resource usage through managing the project issues log and maintaining a comprehensive daily project log.
* Hold weekly Contractor progress meetings and ensure that Contractors provide quality plans, method statements and risk assessments necessary for their work and adhere to them.
* Contribute to the project close out evaluation and implement improvements.
* Deputise for the Senior Site Engineer if required.
* Comply with all Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Take responsibility for the Work Package Quality Plan.
* Co-ordinate with Duly Authorised Persons (DAP) & Senior Authorised Persons (SAP) where required.
* Coordinate the approval & close-out of work packs.
* Co-ordinate project waste streams with site waste management people & procedures.
* Witness key activities and inspections as well as carrying out weekly joint safety inspections with the contractor record findings and ensure any actions from findings are closed out in a timely manner.
* Responsible for control and supervision of staff in accordance with site licence condition 26.
* The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required.
Education / Qualifications / Training
* HNC / NQF level 5 or equivalent experience
* CITB Construction Site Manager's Safety Certificate
* APM Introduction or an equivalent qualification in project management and a willingness to obtain within 1 year of appointment
Experience / Knowledge
* Experience of supervising and control of project work.
* An awareness of how costs can be reduced and safe quality outputs maximised within a scope of work.
* Experience of working in and adhering to a highly HSE regulated environment the Health and Safety Legislation which impacts on the responsibilities of the post.
* Working knowledge of practical procedures and systems, including MCPs, LSIs etc. (e.g. CDM regulations and site licence conditions, company safety procedures and rules and statutory requirements).
* Takes a positive role in achieving successful outcomes for the team and the organisation as a whole
* Must be able to work flexible hours / days - essential
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.