Sitec are currently recruiting for our client Cavendish Nuclear and are seeking Site Mechanical Engineer's to be based at Romney Marsh in Kent on a contract basis for an estimated 12 months initially.
Cavendish Nuclear, a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and deliver across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A position with Cavendish is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When joining Cavendish, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
When you work with Cavendish Nuclear, you will have opportunities to work on projects that will have an impact on the future.
This position would suit an Engineer with Mechanically biased experienced who is a motivated individual capable of working both as a team and autonomously. The roles will involve working with a team of engineers and technicians in the completion of cradle to grave installations and modifications to plant and systems.
The Site Mechanical Engineer role will include the following tasks:
- Site surveying and scope identification.
- Requirements capture and optioneering.
- Generation of health, safety and quality documentation.
- Production of specifications (Functional & Technical).
- Engineering of solutions to given problems.
- Creation of work packs including method statements & risk assessments.
- Maintaining safety all in works undertaken in line with regulatory and compliance policies.
- Engineering drawings utilising AutoCAD (previous experience beneficial but not required).
- Fault finding, testing and commissioning of plant.
- Undertake and supervise mechanical installations.
- Secondary roles within the team as required by the Engineer in Charge (eg. RoES, Radiological Protection Supervisor).
- Identifying issues/improvements/recommendations to plant and equipment.
- Working at height, in confined spaces and within radiological controlled areas.
Qaulifications / Experience required for the Site Mechanical Engineer role:
- HNC in relevant discipline / Degree in relevant discipline beneficial
- Demonstrative experience of previous work (EDF work beneficial)
- Site Installation/ Maintenance/ Engineering experience (preferred) in Nuclear/Power Generation.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Ability to work in a heavily regulated, Safety Critical Environment.
- Basic IT skills required (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook).
Flexibility with working hours will be required on occasion to fit in with the process nature of projects. This may include extended hours working, weekend working or night shift working in line with the working time regulations.
Successful applicants for the Site Mechanical Engineer role must meet eligibility requirements to obtain a CTC level of Clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.