Sitec are currently recruiting for Cavendish Nuclear and are seeking a Site Engineer to be based in Aldermaston, Berkshire on a contract basis for an estimated 12 months +.
Cavendish Nuclear, a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and deliver across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A position with Cavendish is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When joining Cavendish, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
When you work with Cavendish Nuclear, you will have opportunities to work on projects that will have an impact on the future.
To ensure that during construction activities, the regulatory and statutory requirements upon Cavendish Nuclear and the Client are complied with and to ensure the design and safety intent is met in construction. The Site Engineer shall ensure all engineering planning; safe systems of work are in place to undertake packages of work.
Project based work from conception through to implementation and final close out. To include:
- Basic project management skills - interfacing between cross-functional personnel e.g. Within Cavendish, Client, partners and 3rd Party contractors
- Asset Change management
- Site survey, identifying work scope
- Specification production.
- Basic design & calculation.
- Production of basic technical drawings using CAD.
- Produce task documentation to include Method Statements, Risk Assessments & Test Procedures
- Awareness of and adherence to customer procedures, safety rules, quality arrangements etc.
- Complete & maintain site-specific mandatory training.
- Specify & source equipment and materials.
- Verification of other "Mechanical" documents.
- Prepare and carry out Pre - Job Briefs
- Oversee task implementation and address technical issues.
- Oversee testing & commissioning activities.
- Collate all task documentation and compile Lifetime Records Package.
- Fault finding
- Additional roles e.g. Appointed Person (pressure test controller), Modification Manager, emergency response roles & Radiation Protection Supervisor.
- Mentor to graduates
Successful applicants for the Site Engineer role will need a background to enable a SC/DV level of security clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.