Sitec are currently recruiting for our client; Cavendish Nuclear for a Site Electrical Technician for their projects in Dungness, Kent. These are contract roles for 3 months initially.
Cavendish Nuclear, a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and deliver across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A position with Cavendish is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When joining Cavendish, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
When you join Cavendish Nuclear, you will have opportunities to work on projects that will have an impact on the future.
The positions would suit an individual motivated to succeed and comfortable working in a team environment. The roles will involve working with a team of engineers and technicians in the completion of cradle to grave installations and modifications to plant and systems as part of a project investment delivery programme.
Such responsibilities will include:
- Report to the Client's Site Supervisor/Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
- Undertake all work as instructed by the Site Supervisor/Engineer to the requirements of the task documentation (i.e. Work Order Car; Method Statement; Construction Plan; Risk Assessments etc.), with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to site plant or equipment.
- Comply in addition to the above-mentioned documents, with all other relevant safety instructions as identified through the Project Supervisor/Engineer.
- Perform work whilst avoiding danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their actions.
- Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Project Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
- Refrain from defeating or interfere with, anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc.).
- Use any plant and equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instructions provided.
- 'Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the design intent.
- Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review and Tell whilst engaged on all s of works on site.
- Attend weekly Toolbox Talks on matters of safety and Company policy.
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the Pre & Post Job De-Briefs.
These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. He/she shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents, and any legislation to which they refer.
The Electrical Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of supervisory staff. The services of site establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made.
Experience / Qualifications & Requirements for Site Electrical Technician role:
* Recognised appropriate apprenticeship scheme completion
* CCNSG Safety Passport Required
* CTC Security Clearance
* Experience of working on EDF Power Stations or in the Nuclear Environment beneficial
Successful applicants for the Site Electrical Technician role will need a background to enable a CTC Security Clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.