Sitec are currently recruiting for our client for 2 Site Electrical Technician's for their site in Dungness, Kent. These are contract roles for 3 months initially.
The positions would suit an individual motivated to succeed and comfortable working in a team environment. The roles will involve working with a team of engineers and technicians in the completion of cradle to grave installations and modifications to plant and systems as part of a project investment delivery programme.
Such responsibilities will include:
- Report to the Client's Site Supervisor/Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
- Undertake all work as instructed by the Site Supervisor/Engineer to the requirements of the task documentation (i.e. Work Order Car; Method Statement; Construction Plan; Risk Assessments etc.), with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to site plant or equipment.
- Comply in addition to the above-mentioned documents, with all other relevant safety instructions as identified through the Project Supervisor/Engineer.
- Perform work whilst avoiding danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their actions.
- Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Project Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
- Refrain from defeating or interfere with, anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc.).
- Use any plant and equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instructions provided.
- 'Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the design intent.
- Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review and Tell whilst engaged on all s of works on site.
- Attend weekly Toolbox Talks on matters of safety and Company policy.
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the Pre & Post Job De-Briefs.
These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. He/she shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents, and any legislation to which they refer.
The Electrical Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of supervisory staff. The services of site establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made.
Experience / Qualifications & Requirements for Site Electrical Technician role:
* Recognised appropriate apprenticeship scheme completion
* CCNSG Safety Passport Required
* CTC Security Clearance
* Experience of working on EDF Power Stations or in the Nuclear Environment beneficial
Successful applicants for the Site Electrical Technician role will need a background to enable a CTC Security Clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.