Sitec are currently recruiting for our client, Cavendish Nuclear for a Site Electrical Supervisor for their site in Dungeness, Kent. This is a contract role for an estimated 11 months initially.
Cavendish Nuclear, a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and deliver across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A position with Cavendish is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When joining Cavendish, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
When you work with Cavendish Nuclear, you will have opportunities to work on projects that will have an impact on the future.
The Site Electrical Supervisor will be fully conversant with the Company's Health and Safety Policy and understand the responsibilities placed upon them.
- Be fully conversant with the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and understand the responsibilities placed upon them.
- Operate within agreed systems/procedures applicable to the work of the site or facility. Full and appropriate, use of the services of Health and Safety personnel should be made to assist and advise in undertaking their duties.
- Routinely check the workplace and activities being undertaken to ensure that these continue to be satisfactory in terms of Health and Safety and maintain a record of the checks. Particular emphases should be placed on establishing that plant, tools and equipment are available and safe to use.
- Ensure that all workers under his/her control are instructed, trained and capable of undertaking their duties in a safe manner. New or transferred workers must not undertake tasks without appropriate induction, instruction or relevant training.
- Be fully conversant with the Company Event Reporting procedures, undertake preliminary investigations of unplanned events and take prompt remedial action.
- Ensure that protective clothing and equipment is issued as required and that all workers are instructed as to the use and maintenance of such clothing and equipment.
- Co-operate with the Company Health, Safety and Environmental Managers in the implementation of their recommendations.
- Continually seek to improve Health, Safety and Environmental standards and make suggestions to departmental heads or to health and safety personnel on possible improvements.
- Ensure visitors, including contractors, are aware of hazards that may exist on the site or premises. Where visitors have been provided with protective clothing and equipment, Supervisors will ensure that its use is understood and worn correctly.
- Ensure that appropriate Toolbox Talks are delivered at intervals as set out in CSG Safety Procedures.
- Liaise with Representatives to resolve problems and/or disputes, communicate at all levels with labour under their control / the client and/or contractor on any aspect of the Company's business, which may be appropriate to ensure the site is working in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Supervise workers under their control and ensure that all auditable daily records are kept.
- Comply with rules/regulations; permit systems and safety requirements in force on the specific site and to promote these disciplines in all of those under the Supervisors control.
- Ensure that only Suitably Qualified and Experienced Personnel (SQEP) are set to work.
- Ensure that work is undertaken in accordance with the prescribed Quality Planning associated documents and related legislation.
- Ensure that sufficient and suitable records of progress, by way of Daily Log and Labour Returns, are produced and submitted to the Company Site Management in a timely manner.
- Ensure that workers are aware of and understand arising issues and sign onto relevant Method Statements, Implementation Plans, Risk Assessments.
- Specifically ensure that Hold Points are rigidly adhered to in all instructional plans.
- Record any problems encountered during the site works and notify the Company site Engineer in Charge of the details at the earliest opportunity.
- Be aware of the availability of site services establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. of which full use should be made.
- Direct the timely production and maintenance of site documentation.
Experience / Qualifications required:
* Appropriate Accredited training scheme / HNC in relevant discipline
* Demonstrative experience of previous work (EDF work beneficial)
* Site Installation/Maintenance/Engineering experience (preferred) in Nuclear/Power Generation
* IOSH Managing Safely
* Ability to work in a heavily regulated, Safety Critical Environment
Successful applicants for the Site Electrical Supervisor role will need a background to enable a CTC Security Clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.