Sitec are currently recruiting for our client for a Site Electrical Supervisor for their site in Dungness, Kent. These are contract roles for 3 months initially.
The Site Electrical Supervisor will be fully conversant with the Company's Health and Safety Policy and understand the responsibilities placed upon them.
Specifically in the interest of Safety they shall:
* Ensure that employees under their control know and understand the Company's Health and Safety Policy.
* Be fully conversant with the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and understand the responsibilities placed upon them.
* Ensure that employees under their control know and understand the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
* Operate within agreed systems/procedures applicable to the work of the site or facility. Full and appropriate, use of the services of Health and Safety personnel should be made to assist and advise in undertaking their duties.
* Ensure that all procedures and instructions, relevant to the activities being undertaken as detailed by the Company are known and complied with.
* Routinely check the workplace and activities being undertaken to ensure that these continue to be satisfactory in terms of Health and Safety and maintain a record of the checks. Particular emphases should be placed on establishing that plant, tools and equipment are available and safe to use.
* Ensure that all employees under his/her control are instructed, trained and capable of undertaking their duties in a safe manner. Particular attention must be paid to non-routine operations. New or transferred employees must not undertake tasks without appropriate induction, instruction or relevant training.
* Be fully conversant with the Construction Services Group Event Reporting procedures, undertake preliminary investigations of unplanned events and take prompt remedial action.
* Ensure that all unplanned events are reported to line management as soon as practicable.
* Ensure that protective clothing and equipment is issued to employees as required and that all employees under his/her control are instructed as to the use and maintenance of such clothing and equipment.
* Co-operate with the Company and Construction Services Group Health, Safety and Environmental Managers in the implementation of their recommendations.
* At all times set a personal example for employees to follow in the observance of Health and Safety requirements.
* Continually seek to improve Health, Safety and Environmental standards and make suggestions to departmental heads or to health and safety personnel on possible improvements.
* Ensure visitors, including contractors, are aware of hazards that may exist on the site or premises. Where visitors have been provided with protective clothing and equipment, Supervisors will ensure that its use is understood and worn correctly.
* Ensure that appropriate Toolbox Talks are delivered at intervals as set out in CSG Safety Procedures (CSG-PRD-HSE-10).
Refer immediately to line management any problem experienced in the implementation of any health, safety or environmental matters or where any remedial actions cannot be taken to comply with the plan or associated documents and legislation
* Liaise with Staff Representatives to resolve problems and/or disputes.
* Communicate at all levels with labour under their control on any aspect of the Company's business, which may be appropriate.
* Promote communications between those under their control and other groups on the site in order to ensure the site is working in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
* Liaise and communicate with the client and/or contractor on any aspects that are appropriate.
* Supervise employees under their control and ensure that all auditable daily records are kept.
* Comply with rules/regulations; permit systems and safety requirements in force on the specific site and to promote these disciplines in all of those under the Supervisors control.
* Ensure that only Suitably Qualified and Experienced Personnel (SQEP) are set to work.
* Ensure that work is undertaken in accordance with the prescribed Quality Planning associated documents and related legislation.
* Ensure that sufficient and suitable records of progress, by way of Daily Log and Labour Returns, are produced and submitted to the Cavendish Nuclear Site Management in a timely manner.
* Ensure that employees are aware of and understand arising issues and sign onto relevant Method Statements, Implementation Plans, Risk Assessments.
* Ensure that the requirements of Method Statements and Implementation Plans are followed and the relevant sections are legibly signed and dated as the works progress.
* Specifically ensure that Hold Points are rigidly adhered to in all instructional plans.
* Record any problems encountered during the site works and notify the Cavendish Nuclear site Engineer in Charge of the details at the earliest opportunity.
* Be aware of the availability of site services establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. of which full use should be made.
* Direct the timely production and maintenance of site documentation.
Experience / Qualifications required:
* Appropriate Accredited training scheme / HNC in relevant discipline
* Demonstrative experience of previous work (EDF work beneficial)
* Site Installation/Maintenance/Engineering experience (preferred) in Nuclear/Power Generation
* IOSH Managing Safely
* Ability to work in a heavily regulated, Safety Critical Environment
Successful applicants will need a background to enable a CTC Security Clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.