Sitec are currently recruiting for our client for 2 Site EC&I Engineers for their site in Hinkley, Somerset. These are contract roles for 12 months initially.
The positions would suit an Electrical or C&I biased experienced, motivated individual capable of working both as a team and autonomously. The role will involve working with a team of engineers and technicians in the completion of cradle to grave installations and modifications to plant and systems.
Such work may include/require the following:
* Site surveying and scope identification.
* Requirements capture and optioneering.
* Generation of health, safety and quality documentation.
* Production of specifications (Functional & Technical).
* Engineering of solutions to given problems.
* Creation of work packs including method statements & risk assessments.
* Maintaining safety all in works undertaken in line with regulatory and compliance policies.
* Engineering drawings utilising AutoCAD (previous experience beneficial but not required).
* Fault finding, testing and commissioning of plant.
* Undertake and supervise mechanical installations.
* Identifying issues/improvements/recommendations to plant and equipment.
* Working at height, in confined spaces and within radiological controlled areas.
* HNC in relevant discipline / Degree in relevant discipline beneficial
* Demonstrative experience of previous work (EDF work beneficial)
* Site Installation/Maintenance/Engineering experience (preferred) in Nuclear/Power Generation
* IOSH Managing Safely
* Ability to work in a heavily regulated, Safety Critical Environment
* 17th Edition Electrical Safety
* Basic IT skills required (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook).
Flexibility with working hours will be required on occasion to fit in with the process nature of projects. This may include extended hours working, weekend working or night shift working in line with the working time regulations.
Successful applicants will need a background to enable a CTC Security Clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.