Sitec have an exciting requirement for a Simulation/Hardware Loop Engineer for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract role for an initial 12 months with a pay rate of £45 p/hr Ltd.
Working onsite at an established Defence and Space business on the south coast. One of the worlds leading providers of satellite technology and products are currently looking for a Real time Simulations engineer or Hardware loop engineer to work on a contract basis at the Stevenage site.
The division you will be working in provides a central competence for Simulator development, on-board software testing & engineering software product development for spacecraft platforms, payloads and equipment.
Within the simulator domain, we are responsible for developing and maintaining real-time simulators for use on test benches with hardware in the loop for the functional validation of satellites.
* Verification of the Guidance Navigation and Control algorithms and performance in closed loop
* Development and validation of the on-board SW and AIT procedures
* Validation of the spacecraft functional chains and subsystems HW/SW interfaces during the AIT campaigns.
In Stevenage, where this role is based, the simulator team supports Earth Observation, Navigation & Science missions.
- 2-5 years' experience within Hardware in the loop or Real-Time simulations
- Working with legacy software
- Real time systems
- Version control (branching, merging, vendor branch etc)
- Hardware / Software integrator
- Experience/understanding complex software design/architecture
You will be able to demonstrate understanding and experience in the above as confidently talk about this at interview stage.
Other soft skills necessary;
- Customer facing skills
- Problem solving and logical thinking
- Good verbal and written communication
- Self-starter, does not need to be given instruction in order to resolve technical issues
- Most importantly…asks why and can offer solutions.
Ideally you will have come from a Space / Aerospace / Avionics background.
This project will involve international deployments to France and Germany, other sites in the UK and occasionally other sites across Europe for short periods of time.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.