Sitec has a requirement for a Functional Simulation Engineer for our prestigious client. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leading company within the aerospace industry.
This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months. The pay rate for this role is £42 per hour LTD Company dependant on experience and is based in Stevenage.
We are looking for an experienced engineer (3-5 years) with excellent technical skills in C++ & Java and demonstrated experience in numerical simulations to complement our existing team.
As a simulations engineer you will design, develop and integrate specific modules of the simulator (e.g. functional models of spacecraft equipment) as well as support end-users with existing simulators functionality (training and bug fixes).
The main technical activities include: technical requirements analysis, software design and implementation, system integration, testing and delivery of the benches to the users. The software implementation is done in C++, with Java used as the test language and the simulator is developed in a Linux environment.
The project involves transnational activities across all FVI departments in the UK, France and Germany. As part of your role you should be able to travel occasionally for short periods within Europe. This role reports to the Project Manager and the FVI Team Leader.
Simulation Engineer, Numerical Simulators - Required Experience:
- Experience in development and testing of numerical simulators (preferably in the aerospace domain)
- Experience in the development of functional models
- Excellent experience in C++ and Java software development
- Working knowledge of Linux OS and Eclipse SDE
Simulation Engineer, Software Development Methodologies/Tools - Required Experience:
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with source code management using SVN/GIT (branching, merging, vendor branch etc.)
- Experience with bug-tracking systems (i.e. Redmine or other)
- Experience with Continuous Integration methods and associated tools/technologies (Jenkins)
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) using junit would be beneficial
Additional skills which would be beneficial:
- Knowledge of Spacecraft avionics systems
- Knowledge of one or more of the following data protocols (SpaceWire, MilSTD 1553, ECSS PUS, CAN)
- Knowledge of ECSS standards
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related discipline
- Well organised and able to work independently on complex tasks and see them through completion
- Able to operate effectively under pressurised project constraints
- Able to learn quickly and able/willing to work with legacy software
- Logical mindset, strong problem solving skills with ability to think through issues end to end
- Proactive in raising issues, proposing solutions
- Able to understand and express complex software designs/architecture
- Able to work with varied engineering teams and adapt communication style to audience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.